NBA Finals: Boston Celtics vs L.A Lakers.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jessestylex, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I also have a friend who picked Boston at the start of the playoffs and I laughed at it, looks like I look bad now even if Boston loses which they probably will now. But the Celtics do, do this kinda stuff (play awful then bounce back).

But looking back it's not that crazy of a pick. Boston knew they didn't need to go all out in the regular season, 2 years ago they win it all, last year they take the eastern champs to 7 games without Garnett. So to say they don't belong in the finals is crazy. Are they better than the teams out west? Easily better than Denver and Utah but the Suns might be a tough matchup for them. Either way they have a shot to win it all so even if they lose they took the Lakers to 7 games.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Last nights game sucked monkey balls. What a horrible display by Boston. I don't know what that was suppose to be, but it sure wasn't a Finals game-6. Yuck, I'm seriously angry about that garbage game. I knew years ago we'd see a repeat of the 2008 series, but the momentum is all with L.A. at this point. I want Boston to win, but that doesn't look like a smart bet come Thursday.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well look at that. Didn't you just say "They don't "fix" them necessarily, but they do keep the games close." How about that? In the last 20 years including this series there have been 3 game 7s, 3 sweeps and 6 5 game series'. *Gasp* Maybe the refs really don't go into a game with the intention of keeping it close!

4. JCBRAVE

^No one was pulling the Celtics out of that, you couldn't. The lead was built up too early. Your response was weak at best. I'd have guaranteed you the refs would have had some suspect calls if the Celtics were able to show some life.

LOL at you haha. YOU really don't know basketball. Me and/or Deuce would run circles around you on the court and that BS you're posting. Even Jesse and his girlfriend would take you to the hole.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Then explain why 9 out of the last 20 series' were sweeps or just 5 games. If the refs make games close why were almost half the series' boring? Either start answering questions I pose which discredit your claims about refs or stop talking. You're turning into gloat who just dodges questions so he doesn't have to confront the truth.

And you think Deuce would run circles around me? Lets look at what he's said in this thread alone. Phil Jackson isn't a good coach, Andrew Bynum is the best center in the NBA and the Celtics don't belong in the finals. And this is the guy you think will run circles around me? Good luck with that.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Andrew Bynum definitely has the skill to be the best center in the nba if he could ever stay healthy. he's almost the best right now by default. there are not a lot of skilled, back to the basket big men in the association right now.

Andrew Bynum, Marc Gasol, Kendrick Perkins, Robin Lopez, Brooke Lopez, Greg Oden, Hasheem Thabeet and Yao Ming.

Kendrick Perkins offers literally nothing offensively. I don't think Greg Oden is ever going to play more than 40 games in a season. Yao Ming didn't play a single game this year because of a broken foot he sustained last year in the playoffs. I haven't watched enough of Gasol.

Based on pure talent and no regard for health I'd rank them Yao, Bynum, Brooke, Robin, Gasol, Perkins, Thabeet and Oden.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

A center list that leaves off the unquestioned best center in the league. Grats, time to leave the thread.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So you'd rank Hasheem Thabeet who was in the NBADL this year over Dwight Howard? I don't even know what to say to that.

If Bynum could stay healthy yea he would be a top 5 center but he can't stay healthy and he's proven that so therefore he's not a top 5 center.

9. JCBRAVE

Fist off - no one reading my screen is dodging questions. If you get lost in being educated and mistake that for dodging question, then I pity you. If you want to talk basketball you should know whats going on. Every level has this problem with refs. In college and high school refs make stuff up all game. In football a block in the back or clipping penalty is so often the creation of a clever player giving the illusion of falling. Visualize a ref standing behind the accused foul, that guys body often obscures the whole thing. But yet countless times a ref has thrown a flag. I've seen teams benefit later in games because the ref owed them one later down the line. If you're unaware that this act takes place, then you shouldn't argue it doesn't. The term "fixing" taints sports, but the officials refereeing games biased is disliked but accepted. Basketball is the easiest to control and so it is.

There is no benefit to have the Jazz play the Magic. The league much prefer it be Lakers vs. Celtics. Those earlier series are allowed to play, and not worry about the whistle dominating the game. And when it's called that way, the better team gets in their grove and rocks the losing team. Notice how involved the officials are and how close these 2-4 games are. When the refs disappear, so does the game. I'd usually say let them play, but this finals is being forced 7 games. Boston isn't a team I'd have picked in November to be battling it out with L.A.. They got hot at the perfect time. Beating up LeBron boosted their confidence. Boston isn't the superior team in this round, but have a hot streak going. You cant tell me Rondo was this good 7 weeks ago. He's figuring out how to mimic Kobe and turn it on when its time. That last line was basically what you've been getting told here, L.A. is a championship team that flips a switch and is in playoff mode. Boston figured it out in time to put on a show.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Where's the proof? All your doing is speculating. Do some refs call games to tight? Yes. Do some call ticky tac calls? Yes. Do some let them play? Yes. That's just how it is, it doesn't mean referees are trying to keep one team in the game. See that's the thing you and Gloat haven't provided throughout this entire thread, proof. You just say something like, "well look at how this game was called" yea so what? I mean, gloat first brought up the NBA being fixed in a game where the Lakers lost despite shooting a bunch more free throws.

I asked why have 9 of the past 20 finals' ended in 4 or 5 games and only 3 went to game 7s including this one. You didn't answer. Sounds like a dodge to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar