NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mo Williams - Assists went down. Rebounds Went down. FG% went down. His PPG was up a mere .6.
    Antawn Jamison - Assists went down. Rebounds went down. PPG went down almost 7 points.
    Shaq - Assists went down. Rebounds went down. PPG went down more than 5 points.

Nice try, buddy. Most their numbers dropped.

Andrew Bynum is hurt too much to consider, but he and Shaq are a wash at this point. Gasol- ok. Mo Williams is better than Derek Fisher. Antawn is better (offensively) than Ron Artest. So I give you 1 player... again, the ONLY team with a better starting 5 is either the Lakers or Celtics. No one else.

You serious? Boobie Gipson, Delonte West, Big Z (would be a starter on many teams), JJ Hickson, Jamario Moon,, Leon Powe (a guy that was key for the Celtics in their 2008 championship).
    Again- are you serious?

The Lakers best guy off the bench... is a guy the Cavs didn't even want. (Shannon Brown)
    They have a GREAT bench. And some of those guys I just mentioned dont even get to play.

So by "blatantly false" you mean... it was true?

and no, I didn't have to search. I actually watch basketball.

Anyone that thinks Shaq and Mo are All-Stars?... Uhhhmmm...

[​IMG]
    http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2009/01/lebron-james-upset-at-mo-williams-all-star-game-snub/
    Funny. Lebron thinks he's an all-star too. Hmmm...
    2 Birds with 1 stone. Let's forget that Shaq is a future hall of famer that can still play, too.

[​IMG]
    Again, that sure looks like an all-star jersey... but what do I know. It's probably "blatantly false".

Name more than 5 teams with 3 all-stars in their front 5. Try it...

Really? Or did Lebron have 9 turnovers in 2 key games? Most of his only points came from the free-throw line.

He choked. Again. Like he always does. He's Peyton Manning in a basketball jersey. His numbers suddenly go down when the pressure is on. If you don't think he struggled this post-season, you simply didn't watch.

Pretend he didn't miss key free-throws. Like usual. Pretend he didn't try to make a ill-advised 3 when he was 0/9 from 3 instead of taking the 2. Pretend he wasn't completely rattled and almost invisible in the most crucial times. Pretend he didn't lose the ball to seal the game for the Celtics. 7 of 26 from 3 vs the Celtics. 44% shooting 4.5 TOs.

Do me a favor- Search "Lebron chokes again" in google.

So what should they do? Bring in a consistent "Defensive Player of the Year" like... I dunno... Ben Wallace to help?

Oh. That's right. He lost with him, too.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Funny how LeBron has a great supporting cast during the regular season but once he loses in the post season his supporting cast isn't good enough. Yea they haven't had a good coach but who has honestly kept them from making the finals THE ORLANDO MAGIC?! Seriously? LeBron hasn't even sniffed the finals since he was swept out of them.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Mo Williams: points up, eFG% up, assists down, everything else about even
    Jamison: points down 1.5 ppg, eFG% up, everything else about even
    Shaq: points down 1.8 ppg, eFG% down, everything else about even

Yea, I guess they "mostly" dropped? Again, ppg is a useless statistic when taken out of context. Per minute played, his points were slightly down than his last tenure in phoenix. I bet that doesn't have anything to do with pace, though, right? Or we can talk about Jamison inexplicably shooting 50% at the FT stripe in Cleveland, down more than 20% from his career average. I bet that's LeBron's fault too, though, right?

A wash lol. Bynum is the reason that the Lakers are an elite defensive team. Shaq hasn't ever guarded anyone, but even less so now at 37. You clearly just showed that you don't watch games. =/
    And what good is it to say that Antawn is clearly better offensively than Artest? I mean, really? Basketball is equal parts offense and defense. I'm not sure who I would take from a pure basketball perspective between them, but it's a close call.

Right.... so I'm hearing a bunch of scrubs and Big Z who basically is a half starter with Shaq. How many of those guys could start for at least 10 other teams? Probably Z just b/c he plays a position that lacks many quality players.

Ummm no. Their best bench players is either Artest or Odom depending on which lineup Phil decides to play that day. And whichever of those is their 6th that night, he is CLEARLY better than anyone on the Cavs' bench.

Lol, you said that none of the Cavs' players played. And I showed you that they did. I know tricky terms like "false" give you problems though. I'll give you a pass on this one!

So? How about the real story...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2009/news/story?id=3897494

"Williams wasn't voted in by the fans, nor was he chosen by Eastern Conference head coaches as a reserve. Then he was passed over by Stern in favor of Boston's Ray Allen, who is replacing injured Orlando guard Jameer Nelson on the roster."

So several players were injured and still, neither the fans, the coaches, or the commissioner wanted him. The whole process is kind of a joke anyways, but nonetheless, his only all-star appearance was only because of LBJ as it turns out.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of fringe candidate.

Who cares if a team has former all-stars on it? What kind of measure is that? Lol. The only thing that matters is that the team with the best record two years running only has one person playing at a level that would get him on the NBA first, second, or third team.

No, he didn't.

A good portion of his points always come from the FT line. What does that even matter? That's like saying that all of Kobe's points come from jump shots. He should change the way he plays so I'll give him credit for playing well.

Yea, let's ignore the stats when they don't support us I guess. The fact is that he played about the same that he had all year. A level of play that was good enough for the MVP award and for his team to achieve the best record in the league. The simple fact of the matter is that if his teammates had played at the same level that they had all year, he would be donning a championship ring.

Lol, let's make up more stats. He never shot 9 3's in one game against the Celtics. Grats, I guess. You do realize that Kobe shot 31% from 3 against the Celtics compared to LBJ's 27% right ? It's like you are digging to find a single statistic instead of just admitting that all of his averages were right on par or slightly below his seasonal averages that were good enough for an MVP award.

So with 7 assists per game, that is what, almost 2/1 assist/turnover ratio? You know what Kobe did against the Celtics? 27 assists and 27 turnovers. Guess he sucks a lot worse. Ya know, if LeBron had played like Kobe did against OKC earlier in the playoffs, he would have been a 1st round playoff exit.

Yea man, Ben Wallace was so awesome that the Pistons let him walk for practically nothing.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That was one long post of illustrating my points and constant denial based on nothing. Getting "technical" with everything doesn't make it any less true.

Your boy sucks when it matters. His excuses have all been eliminated one by one.

Maybe he can win a ring as a role player someday.

And no, Kobe doesn't suck worse. He actually kept his team IN the series with great performances. Lebron let his team lose with lackluster performances.

Dominique Wilkins pt 2. Hooray!

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Haha what a copout. If my "getting technical", you mean using actual facts instead of irrational statements based on nothing, then yes, I did.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

In defense of Titans2008, even though I sorta agree with Gloat on this, Jamaal Magloire, and Wally Szczerbiak were all stars too.

7. AllDaWay

AllDaWay Camp Fodder

Someone should make a NBA Free Agency thread because I don't have enough posts to do so.

Less than seven hours until LeBron, D-Wade, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Amare, Dirk, Pierce, Boozer and plently more are allowed to sign with a team.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think that they can't actually sign until July 8.

9. AllDaWay

AllDaWay Camp Fodder

Ok, forget what I said about signing.

EDIT: It sounds like "verbal commitments" will happen b4 the 8th so that thread would be useful.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I have no idea what Millwaukee and Minnesota were thinking. Teams LOVE getting out of bad contracts and grossly overpaying for Gooden (average player) and Darko (awful player) is how you end up turning into a bad team.

I knew Atlanta would offer Joe Johnson a max deal even though he's not a max player. Atlanta would be great if they had a star player, Joe Johnson just isn't it.

Memphis took a huge gamble on Gay. If he pans out to be a big time player it's a good deal and he and Mayo can be a great tandem, but if he's just a 20 point 5 assist kinda guy for his career then huge mistake. So we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar