Navorro Bowman available for trade?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

IF they were shopping him wouldn't the smart thing to do would be to tell all teams? More teams interested the more chance of a better return?
    Unless Bowman has given them a list of where, does that happen in football? Happens in hockey although due to no trade clause.

#51 Ontario Titan, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Niners would lose leverage showing they don't want him, smart play is to act like they want him, the words already been put out there, interested teams will inquire

It just makes too much sense for them to move him if a solid offer comes up, they're not in position to compete for a title, ship him off for the future

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

If he is up for trade, every team in the NFL knows about it. Hiding that from the media does nothing.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

The rumour was reported by Michael Lombardi....he wants people to think he knows something more than he actually knows.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Maybe but it all makes too much sense to at least not talk about it

If mitch wants to act like these types of trades don't happen he can, but since they do we can still tall about the possibility

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I don't know if they are or aren't shopping him.....but if they are I hope we are in on the talks/offers...he would be an upgrade if healthy

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I never said it doesn't happen. Lol

I'm not questioning why they would trade him. I'm questioning why would they try to hide it from the media if every team in the NFL knows he's up for grabs.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Think about it. They just drafted his replacement in round 1. Then you want them to come out and say we don't want him? And if no trade gives a good offer, how is Bowman gonna be this year? Playing like he cares...or just waiting til they cut him?

IF Bowman is there this season, they need his vet leadership to help guys buy into Shanahan's system. They don't want to poison that well if he stays. So publicly you say we aren't shopping him, he's invaluable to our team, blah blah blah. But every player has a price, and Bowman's won't be expensive for two reasons. He's probably already on a downward slide and won't be starting there when they are ready to compete. So do you keep the guy knowing you're guaranteeing he never sees the playoffs again...or do you try to get some future value for him and give him the best chance to advance his career (win win)?

The only way Bowman would have a say is if they have two equal offers. Only then, they might ask him which team he prefers. Teams try to have respect for long time vet icons, but ultimately it comes down to doing what's best for the team (hence, cutting McCourty).

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Bowman used to cause me all kinds of problems in Madden 25.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Well there's reason enough right there to go after him.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar