Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

National Title Game

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by cdubbs2121, Jan 5, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,596

It's more about being the best, and playing with the best. Playing in the best conference makes every team better, and makes games against other conferences easier because you're used to playing tougher competition week in and out. That explains the SEC's ridiculous bowl record every year. Even with Bama and Auburn losing, the SEC's bowl record is 7-3, compared to the Pac-12 (6-3), Big 12 (3-3), ACC (5-6), and the Big 10 (2-5). Look back throughout the past 7 years, and the story is the same. SEC dominates everything, period.

It's also just fun to have win streaks like this. Imagine if the last 7 super bowls were won by the AFC South, with everyone getting at least one. Every division would hate to play us because they know how hard it is, and we become better by playing each other 6 times a year. That makes our out of division games easier because we're used to playing these dogfights in the AFC South. If everyone in the South got a piece of the pie, we might be more willing to share the glory a bit to keep the streak going, and to make everyone else hate us. All while getting better in the process, and making great history.

In College football you have the SEC, and the rest of the country. It's like it's own little division. The rest of the country is 1-7 in the last 8 championship games, and they're bragging about it. That is so cute.
    GoT and Finnegan2win high five this.
  2. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,567
    I think the SEC thing has a bit if good old fashioned southern pride rolled up in it.
    GoT and Finnegan2win high five this.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,938
    Jimbo Fisher is 5-1 against the SEC as a head coach. FSU is SEC kryptonite.

Kiss the ring, bitches.

[IMG]
  4. Big TT Pro Bowler

Klug
    Moolah:
    $10,676
    Is that what the rapist said to that chick?
    GoT high fives this.
  5. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,567
    Tennessee is 35-15-1 vs the ACC.

Tennessee is ACC kryptonite.

Remember 98 bitches
    GoT high fives this.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,938
    You have to. What else is there?
  7. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,983
    lol Tee Martin
    Tennessy XO high fives this.
  8. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,567
    It is all we have and most likely will be for a long time because Butch.
  9. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,938
    The two thoughts of the typical UT fan. "Remember 98?" and "Maybe they'll bring back Bruce Pearl?"
  10. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,567
    Our university doesn't seem to understand the current landscape of college football or what it has evolved into.

It took FSU a few years to "get it" too while watching Bowden run that program in the ground.

The hiring of Butch Jones made me lose all faith in UT.