Breaking News Nate Washington on the trading block

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I'm down for this if we can get a decent draft pick out of it, but if it's just a 7th round pick, hell no. Nate Washington is great...the thing is, he's getting older and he's always been great because he's so athletic...once he loses his speed, we'll just be paying an old man 5 million dollars to not do much

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Something else to consider.....Nate Washington was also Tennessee's biggest deep threat; his 14 catches for 20 yards or more was not only most on the team, he was the only player to hit double-figures in that category.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not in favor of cutting Nate as some have suggested but it gets a little less mouth breather if we can get something in the draft.

Keep in mind we did just use a high pick on Wright and it is possible the plan is to go after a WR early this time around as well (2nd round?). They still have Britt for a year and if he happens to break out he isn't 1.coming off the field and 2. can be franchised if we want him another year before giving him a big contract. DWill is around for another year but is more of an outside guy. So they feel like they need more of a pure slot guy on the roster and basically can swap Nate's salary out for that guy and come out with a draft pick it starts to make sense. I like Nate as well but there are only so many guys who can be on the field at one time and I think they want to go with Britt and Wright on the outside. Trade him now while he has value with 2 yrs left on his contract (so he is more than a one year rental) to a team needing a wide out. Maybe we can get a 4th round pick for him. Then it makes more sense.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Some of that was by design since they used Nate as the vertical guy last year and Britt didn't look fully recovered. I'd expect to see both Britt and Wright used more vertically this year and the scheme will be more vertical.

5. Rick Wampler

Rick Wampler Rookie

Another stupid Munchak move ! Hey Bud how about putting Munchak on the trading block !!

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I dont care if we lose Washington. Like Ive said before we already have his replacement with Wright. Wrights max potential is just another Nate Washington.

If we can get a 5th-6th round pick I'd take it. It would also save us some money.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If this team takes another WR in the first round, this one at number 10, there will be a revolt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar