Nate speaking out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imbread

imbread Starter

I definitely do have a sense [of what the main issue is] but respectfully to the organization, respectfully as a man that's been trying to carry himself properly, I don't think that's my place," he said. "I think that's up to the higher officials who sit down and either tell the truth about what's going on or figure out what's going on in their opinion. So it's not my place to put my opinion out there like that.

i really hope he says more after the season! always like him

#1 imbread, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    • Boring Boring x 2
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

excellent thread

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well that was nonsense from NW

if he has something to say then say it. Stating he has something to say but wont say it is silly

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It's easy to read between the lines. Nate is implying that we're tanking and trying to justify MAJORLY overhauling the roster, him included.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but I'll say this again...

We aren't tanking. We just suck that bad.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Intentionally.

I'm telling you guys, these big name free agents were brought in to make the fans think the Titans were actually trying to be good. Wesley Woodyard is brought in when you already have a guy like Brown playing ILB? Michael Oher brought in on what is essentially a one-year deal? Charlie Whitehurst the only experienced backup to the most injury prone QB in the league?

It was the plan the whole time. Let Jake play. Let Jake get hurt. Whitehurst goes in and leads us to nothing. Jake comes back and gets hurt again. Season is over because we didn't have a competent backup. Bring in the rookie to see if we got lucky. Oh ****, we didn't get lucky. Draft the face of the franchise in 2015.

It's why Whiz's contract is guaranteed. He wanted to make sure he got the opportunity to construct the team the way he wanted, and his vision didn't include any QB on this roster.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Trouble with that crap is that the NFL is designed to not let coaches or owners pick and choose which players they want. That was the whole point behind salary caps. In that light one can look at the record and see that Whiz doesn't appear to have a very good record of building his team of magical unicorns.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Except the draft has no bearing on the salary cap. The Titans also have a **** ton of salary cap room because all of the players they've drafted in the last five years are crap and haven't earned a second contract.

It was the plan all along. I don't know why people can't accept it. Let Jake play. If he stays healthy and proves himself(lol) then pay him. They knew that wouldn't happen though.

75% roster turnover come March. It won't be a glamorous process, but it needs to happen.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'd be all for a 75% turnover. Still don't expect any miraculous change because drafts don't just suddenly create great teams and our draft record doesnt look too promising. This all might be Whiz's plan, but he doesnt have much of a record of success at it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

75% roster turnover is fine and dandy if we are Oakland or Jacksonville, but we're not. We were a 7-win team last season. The year before that we won 6, and the year before that we won 9.

I was not under the impression that Whiz was brought in to tear down the franchise and rebuild it from the ground up, as we had a good amount of roster talent from the Munch years. What we needed was a coach who knew how to get the most out of that talent, and add the finishing pieces.

F**k this total rebuild BS. We didn't need to do this.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar