Nashville Skyline

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by stump1000, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Still waiting for you to explain exactly what you personally want to do that you can't do in Nashville.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

"Best music scene in the country" is exacerbating things just a wee bit..
    It's better than it once was - and an improving Horror-Rock scene (due to yours truly - and I'm not even joking) doesn't hurt, but Nashville is still overwrought by the FM poseur scene..
    Third Man is cool and unique though..

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Outside of NY,LA and Nashville has a unusually high % of Rock artists living here.
    They don't boast this - because it's where they put their feet up - not mix with any "scene".

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Cool social venues, people watch, hangouts, etc. Just places that are entertaining but not with tie-ins of country music.

Like bars... but more social gatherings than just get drunk and puke type places. Hard to explain.

Here, unless it's an actual scheduled event- it's hard to find. Cant pay for a sports event or concert every night.

Exit Inn is about the only place around that offers any bands I'd like. BB Kings is the only downtown venue I don't feel dirty in.

I like people watching though. Give me a pretty atmosphere and I can just walk around and enjoy myself. Nashville's just not built for that though. Maybe I was spoiled by Chicago the short time I was there. I thought "this is what a city truly is..."
    I'm keen on art scenes too. Nashville's is nonexistent. Shopping... nothing.

5. Alex1939

Dude you obviously need to venture out of your comfort zone to find what you are looking for in Nashville. Hangouts, Social Venues, Art - it's all here.

Yes Nashville is less populated than Chicago and New York. I am also a huge fan of Chicago.

Another great thing about Nashville- there is a convenient airport where you can fly directly to many of the biggest cities in the US.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

maybe you need to pickup a copy of this :yes:

[​IMG]

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Then move to a city like Chicago or Atlanta if it is so horrible and stop whining like a girl. You're comparing Nashville to Atlanta and Chicago for god's sake.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Shoot, a great thing about Nashville is it's vicinity to other scenes like Atlanta, St Louis, Cincy, Memphis etc.. Just a coupla hours and you're there. I consider that a Nashville perk.
    In Miami if an act skipped Florida because of the drive to the tip of the south then you would have to put in 10 hours to get to Atlanta.
    I will skip the other 150 reasons why Nashville kills SoFlo..

9. Alex1939

All I gotta add now is f Atlanta. That city sucks.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

..most of the bands I'm interested in seeing won't even touch Nashville, I've been Louisville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Clarksville among others.. country/radio/singer-songwriters are apparently the only things coming here. Weak. It's not really a "perk" if I'm still having to drive 10+ hours..

At least Pianos Become the Teeth are coming in December.. finally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar