Nashville restaurants/dining

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Update- I've been to Miel several more times, and have been more impressed each time. Excellent food. It is relatively expensive, but their brunch is a great cheap option. Best crabcakes I've ever had in a land locked state, by far! Also, fabulous shortribs.

Newcomer Whiskey Kitchen in the Gultch is pretty good. They have a steak frites that is a fabulous piece of meat with an amazing amount of flavor. I've had good hangar steak before, but nothing close to this. Their fried chicken and nachos are also good. Large drink selection, especially, as one might imagine, the 120 whiskeys, whiskys, and bourbons.

2. Coov

Coov Starter

I always seem to end up at Joes before the game. My wife is usually with me so we end up at Opry Mills mall more times that not... talk about a full day! Going to the Rams game this weekend. Color me STOKED!

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...80343/Top+restaurants+Zola++Mirror+will+close

Zola and Mirror are closing, or at least being sold. Zola is a big loss, I've had some amazing meals there. Debra Paquette is a great chef, and losing her is bad for the Nashville food world. I wasn't huge on Mirror, but it was better than some other options. Hopefully a better place will take that spot, give 12 South a little more diversity.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'll be visiting Nashville this Friday (in 2 days) with two friends. Suggestions on where I should eat? We are 20-something guys who aren't rich, so posh stuff is probably out of the question. We like trying new stuff, though, and we love good food of all kinds.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

6. Chapparal97

TTF, you didn't mention the part of town you were staying so I assumed Downtown since that's where most visitors go. If you've never been here, on weekends 2nd St is party HQ with a few blocks of dance clubs and restaurants....on the River. You can see LP field (Titans Stadium) just across the river. Broadway is the street you see on MNF where they show all the famous honky-tonks. It's pretty crowded on weekend nights and the weather is supposed to be fabulous (finally) upper 70's - low 80's so the "talent" should be out in force. If you do party, careful driving...po-po's everywhere.....take a cab or walk......Downtown jail is not a pleasant place.

If you want chain style eats, there is also Hooters, Hard-Rock cafe, Joe's Crab Shack, Spaghetti Factory, Melting Pot, Wildhorse, Sbarro's, etc. all right right there.

Also, check to see if there are any concerts or Predators games happening at the Bridgestone Arena. Once they let out at 10:30-11:00 everything gets really crazyfun.

7. TorontoTitanFan

We actually don't know where we'll be staying. We're driving across the country in an old VW Vanagon, so some nights we are just going to sleep in the van and others we'll grab a cheap hotel. Unsure what the plan is for Nashville. We're pretty much going to make it up as we go along, so I'd also love to hear any advice you have about places we could park for the night and sleep.

8. Chapparal97

Lot's of cheap motels near the downtown area. Best Western, Etc. There's no major events going on this weekend so unless the Easter break crowd has 'em all booked they should be plentiful.

If you are looking to park at a campground type place, look at the Opryland area. I think there's places there where you can sleep and shower (KOA). A huge mall called Opry Mills is right next to the Grand Ol Opry where they have restaurants too. Otherwise, there are campgrounds at the local state parks (do a search). I don't know any parking lots that are safe to just park for the night.

9. TorontoTitanFan

Thanks again. This is really helpful stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar