Narrow the goal posts?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 20, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Irsay Dunk Tank

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. My hair is on fire

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I could live with this rather than doing away with kicks and FGs etc.

I'd probably prefer the "Jim Irsay in the clown tank" option for 4 pts from the 20.

[​IMG]

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

How about just leave everything the way it is? Why **** with the game that works?

I have heard no fan ever, anywhere, say "Man, these extra points and field goals suck ass."

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I still prefer Rugby style extra points

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Having played Rugby myself, I agree they make way more since than just pushing them back or getting rid of them

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Makes it interesting that is for sure. I think fans would like it.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What if they left things the way they were in the 20's and the goal posts were still in the endzone? Would you be cool with that?

Football has always been an evolving game, the width of the uprights used to be bigger too. Things change, and not that they need to but they just do from time to time.

If the league decides to tinker with the diameter of some pipe, who freaking cares.

I'm more worried about this 35-yard line kickoff rule sticking around, I hate that rule.

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

My hair on fire with a slight lead!

I voted Yes.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's a legitimate complaint though. They were interfering with play on the field and people were running into them.

The idea of making things more difficult because guys have become better directly impacts the product on the field. Narrowing the goalposts is like raising the rim from 10' to 11'. It's stupid.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Or genius. You seem to despise average play, well this might weed out those average Joes you hate so much.

This is probably the last change I'd have thought up for football, but at the same time its the last one I'll complain over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar