Napoleon Harris - free agent MLB - Titans should look at?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanBlitz, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I dont really see a weakness on the defense to tell you the truth. If i had to pick one i would have to say Harper. Hes been playing pretty well but if i had to pick, i'd go with him. We have 2 capable starting MLB, thats a good problem to have.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

All I'm reading here is similiar to what I hear on draft day:

Oh he's cut, so he must suck, because the front office knows what they are doing.

The other arguement is: Fowler isn't that bad.

I'm thinking more that KCity doesn't know what they are doing, or they just want to go super young and are on longterm rebuild project.

Is there any specific reason why someone doesn't like N.Harris other than "well he just got cut so he sucks" :rolleyes:

I think he's worth a look at replacing Fowler, in the offseason, unless N.Harris thinks he's going to get another mega contract. If he's J-Mac or Kearse cheap, I haven't read anything to make me think he's not worth considering.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

DUDE Ray Lewis in Titans Blue??? I think **** would have to freeze over for that to happen, or Eddie would end up going on suicide watch....but who knows, who would of thought originally Favre would come back and want to play in Minn.(originally) of all places?

Love Ray's passion as a player, and I will soundly admit he has been the best LB for almost a decade....but man I think that is one concept that could never work, too much hatred and rival.

BUT could you imagine that front 7 if we were to keep Big Al? and have Ray, Bull and Thornton behind the front 4? I dont think any QB would want to stare into front of that.

All seriousness though, let Tulloch develop, see how he plays the rest of the year...you never know, he could get rid of the mistakes and become key during the playoffs.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I want Ray Lewis , Bob Sanders , Hanesworth, Jason Jones, Brown, Bulluck, Kearse and KVB as our Defense.

5. Alex1939

Very few things would cause me not to root for the Titans...

but Ray Lewis as a Titan would be one of them.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Funny, the other thing on draft day was ordinary people claiming the team didn't know what they were doing.

How'd that turn out?

7. Alex1939

Chris Johnson: A+, total stud running back.

I, as many others, wondered why use another pick on a running back, but it was great.

(I did think the Chris Henry pick was good from the standpoint we needed another RB to complement White, but it was horrible.)

Jason Jones: A-B, good pick. He's been solid, and we needed depth at D-line.

Craig Stevens: D-F. He's done nothing. Scaife looks solid. Crumpler is cheap. Why did we need another TE?

William Hayes: ?? The ? is, did we need to trade up to get him?? I still think no, he's available later. He has shown talent though.

Lavelle Hawkins: C-D. Not much can be expected of late round receivers, but given our situation, he can't even get playing time??

Stanford Keglar: ? Only because I don't know much of what he's done. He provide depth where we are aging so I understand the pick.

Cary Williams: ? I don't know what he's done really, but a 7th round pick SHOULDN'T be expected to contribute much, although we've had many recent exceptions to that.

Overall, I think the draft was shockingly great because of Chris Johnson....

but we still suck at receiver, we did not add O-linemen through the draft, and we have older starters in some positions at defense that don't have solid replacements (harper/bulluck).

So it really comes down to how the season ends.... 5-0 is awesome, but will we make a superbowl with this team? Would we if we had D-jackson and Slaton instead? We'll never know... but if we don't make the superbowl, it changes the perspective on the draft. Because results are all that matters- bottom line.

( no one thought KVB was going to be the force he is today when we signed him... N.Harris COULD be that for some other team. obviously the odds don't favor that, but I don't know a substantial reason why it's not possible. Because Kansas ****ty cut him, is not a valid reason, without other facts to back it up)

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I think Jones and Hayes were extremely good draft picks. You could make the argument that their a big part of the success that our d-line is having this year. Brown and AL get alot of the pub but they do a very good job when those guys need a breather. I know Washburn praised both of these guys during training camp and he was right,they have alot of upside. We have solid depth at d-line which in sum teams case will drag them down eventually.(Indy)

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And what about the guys most people wanted (ie. Manningham, Sweed, Thomas, Bennett etc etc)?

As for Harris, he signed with the Vikings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar