Name your prototypical WR/RB.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I honestly agree with you. All be it very productive over time, they really were students of the game and benefitted more over team effort than just flat out individual performance. Also was helped by teams running the ball way more than they do now, so offensive lines were more equipped to run block than any thing else.

now this isn't to say that they weren't talented as other posters are twisting your words to say. It merely means they weren't as physically gifted as lets say a Walter Payton, Jim Brow, or a Barry Sanders.

If it were me though I'd have to say my ideal RB would be a AP. The dude is a beast and thrives in a time when teams are throwing more. He's hand down the greatest RB of his era. Even avoided the 2K drop off, the 30 year drop off, and was suspended a year. He his ideal in my opinion. Dude has power, speed, & balance. Probably could improve pass catching a bit, but hey when you run with his dominance does it matter?

WR wise I'd honestly say either a Randy Moss who may have been the most gifted WR in his generation or a Jerry Rice. Jerry Rice may have not been the most talented WR of all time but dude was just simply put a work horse and his condition level & stamina was inhuman. 4th QTR is where he shined and that's when true players step up. I'd take a Jerry Rice in a heart beat. You don't have to be the fastest or jump the highest, but when the game on the line who was more clutch? He owns like nearly all the WR records during in era when everyone RAN the and the league was like 12 game seasons or something like that and few have come close to breaking his records. Yeah as I type this, Jerry all the way! lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Yeah I would definitely put LT ahead of Faulk!

3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Jim Brown, Earl Cambell, then everyone else... Jim Brown's response when asked who the best hbs of all time.

Earl Cambell is how I became an Oiler fan that led to me becoming a Titan fan.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JBC

JBC Starter

Any receiver who can consistently get open and catch the ball. Any running back that can find the running lanes, average over 4 yards per carry and not fumble the ball.

Size and speed are great qualities for skill players to have, but at the end of the day it's about receivers getting open/making the catch, and running backs having the vision to hit the running lanes/ holding on to the ball.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I want guys who can do the job, IDC much about size and speed. If you can get the job done, great youre hired.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Barry Sanders, the guy was amazing and so damn humble. Hate Detroit for making him leave the game too soon.

Then go the opposite, Moss. Loud mouth, but backed it up. Always liked Carter too.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar