Name Your Cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

umm no i was there..it was underthrown..if he threw it to where Britt didn't have to slow down he would have probably beat the safety.

a completion doesn't necessarily mean it was a great pass.
    ________
    Hotels in mexico city

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If roster spots are Tour de France victories, then Donnie Nickey is Lance Armstrong. He's won 6 in a row. There's no reason to think he won't win number seven.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

:ha:
    ________
    Fjr1300

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That Vince throw I put equally on both of them (VY and Britt). To me, even rewatching it, it was a trust issue. Vince didn't know if Britt would run through. He could have put it further out there, but didn't know if Britt was paying attention enough. For Britt, the ball bounced off his helmet and hit the ground in front of his face. He could have made a play. That one has to be on both of them.

So far VY and Britt's chemistry has been better than Collins and Washington.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think we have to keep Trapasso.

We got lucky finding Bironas out of nowhere and I feel the same way about this guy. Keep him on the team with Hentrich to mentor him for a year and we'll be set at punter for years to come.

Cramer,Henry,Davis,Williams,Faggins,Aldred,Little,King,Boiman,Ganther are all toast.

Young is safe as houses for the season but he doesn't deserve to be and he'll not be a Titan next year.I really do say that with regret as he made 2006 really special.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Dude...I feel the same way. I don't see him making it to our practice squad. Just don't.

The other player I wouldn't toast would be King. I think this guy has something. I don't think the Titans can successfully stash him either. I also wouldn't mind seeing him getting some time at DE, say, in Ball's spot. If cut, Ball would go straight to Detroit, IMO. I want to know if King is worth keeping around.

I'm also wondering if Guice gets to play sooner than Edison after last night. I keep hearing about Edison catching all in practice, but Guice got "Schifino" with it last night. That warrants a closer look, IMO.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I didn't get to see the game.

If you google Mitch King there are a couple of really nice articles on him. They read like it's a shocker that he wasn't drafted as a 4th or 5th rounder.He was very productibve in college and has a high motor and work ethic like KVB.

I'd love him to make it here but I think we have a lot of depth in front of him.

Will the young receivers get the attention they deserve with Cook and Ringer making so many waves as potential receivers. I'll just be happy if Hawkins sticks because I think he has the potential to be a Derek Mason type of player.

8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

even if he "didn't trust" Britt an underthrown ball=higher interception chance than overthrown when the safety isn't in position

either way..when your reciever gets past the defense(which Britt has already done in 2 games..what a change from last year huh?) the play must be made
    ________
    Montana Dispensary

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree the play must be made, but Britt still had a chance. It's not all on Vince. I think Collins' throw last week to Washington in the end zone was worse, and was much more on Kerry. The one to Washington toward the side of the ez was awkward, but more on Washington.

Trust, chemistry, they have to be developed. Kerry and Nate have had more time to work on theirs than Young and Britt, if nothing more than Britt's contract and hamstring.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That was just a really poor underthrow by Vince. You can't put any blame on Britt, he had to stop running full speed and try to jump over the CB running back into the play. If he makes the catch, it's an unbelievable play, if he doesn't it's not his fault at all, he's lucky to get his hands on it[which I don't think he did]. That's a PI ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar