Name Your Cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I know there's a lot of guys we could name, but I'm not going to go to the who-dats. I want to talk about the real bubble players here, and the guys who I think have already lost their spot.

Regarding receivers, I'm back to my original position on wide receivers following the draft: Edison and Guice will make the roster, to the dismay of Davis and Williams. I think Hawkins gets the chance that Davis and Williams have had the last two years. I just don't see how letting the UDFA and 6th round pick remain could be any worse than it has been the last couple of years.

Chris Henry is an obvious target. Sadly, he's been right there on a few special teams tackles, but that's not good enough for a second round pick.

I feel like we're in trouble with secondary depth and linebacker depth. This is a hard area to call. Tuff Harris did alright tonight on punt returns. Not great, but not bad. I don't feel like we've gotten a heck of a lot more from Chris Davis in this area.

Stamer/Allred/Boiman. I don't know who, but only one of these guys can make it. I'll lean toward Stamer for special teams unless Allred surpasses him, which I won't suppose since he's been injured.

I guess Cary Williams may stick because of Davis and Faggins looking lost tonight. I think there's an upgrade to be found here. I'd guess Davis loses out here to Faggins' experience.

Don't see Casey Cramer sticking. Just too much talent this year.

Durand, Schommer. If we keep 8 OL, which seems likely, Otto will stick because of the p/t he's getting.

Ramsey. Not because he's not good enough to stay. He is. I just think defensive depth is going to win out here.

Little. Not enough time to show what he's got and compared to Ringer, not enough to show to matter.

Larry Birdine. Hope he's not seriously injured.

AJ Trepasso. I'd really love to keep him around. Really would.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Chris Henry, Vince Young, etc

3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

our WRs are so much better this year including Guice edison britt and cook...this game would have been different had VY hit Britt who was WIDE OPEN! i honestly wish ramsey was our 2 and we draft someone next year.

but instead it'll be ramsey cut with williams or davis staying and keeping edison with Guice being PS
    ________
    HARLEY-DAVIDSON XLCH

4. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

I think we'll go with 3 QB's. Ramsey has a job with this team, it's just up to Vince as to how big of a job that is.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

My wrists if we look anything like we did tonight in September

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We obviously can't cut Donnie Nickey. He was one of the bright spots in the game.

7. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

cuts lets see

Edison( he was the guy that stopped running after a perfect VY throw right?)
    Chris Davis
    Quinton Ganther( I think that we keep CJ,White,Ringer,Henry)
    Little(may go to PS)
    Casey cramer
    #44 backup FB
    we'll keep our 4 TE's ( scaife,crump,cook,stevens) anyone else we'll cut
    the short snapping center
    Birdine most likely
    boiman
    stamer or allred
    tuff harris
    davis
    Nickey
    trapaso

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Donnie Nickey.

Cut him 100 times over.

9. onthemove

onthemove Guest

I don't think bringing Faggins was too bad an idea- we had to see what he could do, but I think he's gone. Cary Williams has played better this preseason.

I like Trapasso, but if he can't fill a roster spot, then at the very least, put him on the PS. with Hentrich's history of back problems and the fact that he can't play forever, we can't just cross our fingers and hope Hentrich stays in one piece. Who will take his place should there be more health issues? Trap's been very consistent and would be a great addition. So in that area, I disagree with Glinks.

RB's cut- Henry, Ganther, Little

Our slow snapper caused the LenDale soccer play in the Tampa Bay game. One of several reasons he's gone.

Donnie Nickey has had ample time to improve and hasn't. He's cut.

Still very nervous at QB- if our backups don't pick it up NOW, this will prove to be a serious issue later on.

Other than that Glinks is dead on with the rest of them.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In all honesty who is going to take Nickey's spot? It isn't like we brought in any young Ss to compete and Ncikey is still good on STs. He will stay.

Edit: We could see another vet S brought in after cuts but I'd bet Nickey makes the team again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar