N.Y. Jets Dismantling Their Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The infamous hot dog toe sucker leadership void:anon:

2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

No I hadn't seen that before....

He was not fined for eating a hotdog on the sidelines but guys get fined for wearing different colored shoes and penalized for creative endzone dances.

I hate the NFL.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I never cared that he got away with that stunt, I was actually surprised he kept it down.

Hotdog + running = a bad time

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

so

many

dick

jokes

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You guys talkin' 'bout dicks?

I heard dicks and I come a runnin'.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

He would only come if the women of Nashville had pretty toes.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This NYJ team is terrible. This is how I would "rebuild" though:

This years draft:
    1st: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
    1st: Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
    2nd: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    3rd: Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
    4th: Dallas Thomas, OT/OG, Tennessee

Your still not a playoff team, but you have a nice core of young players. With Sanchez at the helm you won't be anything great. Honestly, they have a nice young front 3 in Muhammed Wilkerson, Kendrick Ellis, and Quentin Coples - let those 3 start. You then have Mingo providing the only pass rush, you better hope for a boom and not a bust out of him. I think he could excel in a 3-4 speed blitz scheme like the Jets run. Right now they have Josh Bush and Antonio Allen starting at safety, who? They did pickup Jaiquawn Jarrett (a 2nd rounder in '11, who I liked coming out). Vaccaro gives them a potential playmaker in the secondary to pair with Cromartie. They lost Kellen Davis and TEs are huge in todays NFL, Ertz is just another playmaker. Thomas is great young depth at OG/OT, who can fight for a starting job, but honestly that NYJ OL was above average; they did lose their RG - he fights with Ducasse ('10 2nd rounder) for that job. I don't get the WR hype, they have Holmes, Hill, Kerley, and Ertz now as targets; much bigger needs elsewhere.

Jets will still be a Top-10 pick next year. Sanchez will be average, you need a #2 corner still, another OLB. Look to cut Sanchez next year and invest in Teddy Bridgewater. If you young guys develop and Teddy comes in and dominates like rookie QBs have, you could be looking at playoffs next year.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Please, please, please Bud! If Munch gets fired after this year DO NOT hire Rex Ryan to replace him.

9. JCBRAVE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. JCBRAVE

Is this your way of coming out of the closet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar