Myron Rolle returning to Oxford in June

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

1. He is taking finals for Pete's sake-not an extended leave (like a semester).
    2. He IS a SERIOUS student (not just looking to return to a place of former glory).
    3. He hasn't been paid a truck-load of money yet so I don't feel like we are getting short changed for missing a few days of "mini-camp".

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Did anybody check out the twitter message a poster posted a page back? If that's accurate than he wouldn't be missing mini camp and this apparently isn't an issue.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Eyjafjallajokull might disagree.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

So he is or isn't missing mini camp?

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I can't believe this is even a minor issue. First, he says he's not even missing any time. Second, even if he missed a few days I couldn't care less. All it says is that he's a dedicated person with integrity and the right priorities - which is the kind of guy I want on my team in the long run. If he takes his school studies seriously then he'll take his position study seriously, too.

I know people got on Vince for going back to school and not being around in the offseason. And maybe it hurt his play initially - but isn't that maturity and commitment he showed to his college degree now also paying off as a newfound maturity and commitment to playing QB? Seems like it to me. And Myron's situation is minuscule compared to Vince's.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^ I agree with your post.

The only reason its of any interest to me is because I want him to be able to push Hope and get some playing time this season.

I'm really liking the looks of our defense this season. Young, hungry, and healthy. I think if they can get some pressure and function as one unit we'll win a lot of games.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

oh my God the sky will be falling since he wont be here :grrhee:

8. iQon

iQon Starter

They're FINALS. Who really cares about him missing a few days in mini-camp? He would have overachieved seeing the field this year, anyway.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

for the love of all things Titan keep your shirt on Myron!

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

His great story would sort of be rendered meaningless if he didn't finish finals.

He'd be seen as running away by many outside of football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar