Myron Rolle returning to Oxford in June

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

The fact that its Myron...and a elite school...and that people were originally questioning his "will to play football" is the only reason its a story at all.

This isn't the first rook to finish up his schoolings, people.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you guys putting to much attention into Myron, this is what he wants.

He wants the media to talk about how smart he is. he rather have all the attention of that than to become an elite football player. He is smart, so imo he is using the NFL to get rich quick. Then he is outta here.

3. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Jesse the head shrinker?

What....are you trying to channel the guy or something?

Or just have so little faith :p Give him a chance at least lol

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Ok.... first of all Myron Rolle has ONE WEEK of finals left. That's it! It just so happens it's the same week as a 4 day mini camp that is months away from the start of the season. The Titans Brass have known this from day 1.

Second, Myron Rolle, if he makes the roster will make about the same money a doctor at Vanderbilt makes. Is that enough to "get rich quick" and be "outta here"?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

A 6th round pick getting rich? The guy will probably a back up S that plays STs. Obviously his hope would be to become a starter but you are in la la land if you think this is about money. Last I checked brain surgeons do pretty well financially.

I also doubt seriously Rolle cares about getting attention. IMO this thinking about Rolle is totally backwards. It is like looking at something that is white and calling it black. Here is a guy that absolutely in no way or shape needs football. He can be highly successful in life by not ever playing another down in football. I think it is obvious that Rolle has a passion for the game and wants to continue to play as long as he enjoys the game and is successful. I don't see Rolle having an extended career as a STs player like Nickey because when he gets a few years into the league and realizes he won't be a starter he will then pursue his other interests.

Rolle doesn't know what kind of pro football player he will be. What he does know is if he doesn't make a go after it now his window of opportunity will be gone. Why go through life wondering "what if". He can spend a few years playing football and then have plenty of time to fulfill his other dreams.

6. Waylander

Waylander Tongue tied and twisted.

I don't think this information is accurate as far as the dates matching.

Regardless, this happens regularly especially with Ohio State grads since they are on that different schedule.

Edit: Looked into it a little more and it seems that this info was from PFT. That should raise some flags there, regardless his twitter is saying that its false.

http://twitter.com/MyronRolle/status/13626480712

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I hope he takes Fisher with him, that guy could use some enlightenment.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

ur takin those points out of context. i didnt say any were a must. i clearly said:

"but hey, you cant hate the kid for trying to look out for himself."

and that,

"he's a smart kid, he's probably doing the right thing (at least for himself)"

as for your points:

1 - yeah sure there are; but put it into perspective. i don't know the actual statistic but im sure its not more than a percent or so; those are not really the odds you want in life...(here's lookin at u jessi hahhha)

2 - you never know who will make the roster really; over my life ive seen PLENTY a late round picks not make the roster (practice squad, etc...). i no he slid b/c he was out of football for a year; but then again there's ALWAYS a reason y a player drops down some rounds.

3 - its not too late, they could work something out. the nfl is hot right now, and from what my friends tell me - its america's favorite right now (there's nothing like 'football season' and 'nfl sunday' and such). if they know whats good for business, they won't let things get in the way of that.

9. kstone

kstone Starter

I don't see my people want to get mad at a person for wanting to finishing up his schooling.

10. NinjaSTEVE37

NinjaSTEVE37 Camp Fodder

This isn't huge news at all, its being blown way out of proportion, the genius is finishing his once in a lifetime opportunity to an awesome degree. He'll be gone for 3 days... its not a big deal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar