My VY thoughts...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Vince’s progressions over the past few weeks are nothing short of amazing. Not only is he becoming a more polished passer, he has already taken his quarterbacking skills to the next level. That’s right; don’t get passing and quarterbacking confused with each other. QB ratings are an almost perfect way to quantify how well a QB is passing the ball. They do it by a statistical formula, and for the most part it’s very accurate and effective.

QB ratings, however, do not reflect leadership qualities, running skills, gamesmanship, and other qualitative means to define the overall value as a football player. It is important to note that Vince in his 10th start as a pro is a better quarterback than most in the league. What’s even scarier is that he is just hitting the tip of the iceberg as a passer. His QB rating and completion % has risen significantly over the past 6 weeks. If I were to nitpick his game a little bit, I would say his passes seem to sail on him sometimes reflecting that he still has a way to go with perfecting his footwork.

Vince is no doubt, this Titans’ team MVP, perhaps if there were more games in the season given his current trend, he could perhaps be the NFL MVP. He has lived up the hype already. Next year, I feel the Titans could be Super Bowl contenders with Vince leading the team. I’ve heard it said that Vince could revolutionize the QB position. He might not ever be as gifted a runner as a Mike Vick, he might not ever be as polished a passer as Peyton Manning, but if he becomes 80% the player of each, he would be the finest QB that ever has played.

This guy is special…. NFL has been put on notice. Beware!

2. agree with u 100% except for the part about being a runner like vick, i think that he is better hes much more elusive, and once he gets going i think hes faster

3. plato

plato Camp Fodder

I agree with most of what you said except about QB ratings are an almost perfect way to quantify how well a QB is passing the ball..

If you just throw short passes like Carr and complete at a high percentage you can have a great QB rating with not much to show for it..

8-10 75yds 0td = 97rating

20-25 100yds 1td = 97 rating

15-30 200yds 4tds 1int = 97 rating

4. can someone like show a chart or something that shows what impact each thing does such as a completed pass, incomplete pass, how much more a touchdown does, how bad an int is

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If he gets 80% of Manning and 80% of Vick, I hope the rest of him is entirely made up of his leadership and character, he would get none from them!

6. best quote ever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar