My VERY early 2008 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I like Mendenhall. If he comes out, he should be solid, but I really don't know if he's a 1st round pick. He will be a great player although he benefitted from a weak big ten this year.

If this draft goes as projected, it's going to be a boring one. Too many D-linemen and O-linemen in the 1st round for my taste.

2. nickmsmith

and I'd rather have Ray Rice than a first round WR, (unless it's Hardy). Like somebody said before, we could trade our second to get a good, proven one, which we need, or draft one in the second, but this time, no project player like Paul Williams, what a busted move.

and whatever happened to Steve Slaton, where's he projected at?
    What if we could get him in the 3rd or so? how sweet would that be?

I don't mind having 3 solid backs on a team. We need a good change of pace, and Henry will be good as a KR, if he doesn't pan out as a RB. I think once teams are aware of CH, he will be less effective. They were so used to us pounding it with LW, when we got a speedster in there, they were taken aback.

We need a playmaker in the first round, wherever it might be, it could be a Linebacker for all we know. Hopefully MR doesn't force himself into taking another WR that won't be ready to make an impact for a few years, or someone who won't make one at all.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well we spent a 2nd on a guy last year and he hasn't got much of a shot. My gut instinct tells me Stewart is better anyway, but still, how many picks can we throw at that position?

I hold out slim hope that LW in better shape can be better.

Not that I'd complain at all about picking Stewart, but I'd want it to be a good all around RB pick, not just a lightning guy which there are potentially a lot of in this draft. Maybe Mendenhall, I just haven't seen him much. Then we could save a high pick and get a FA like Turner.

I think I've been clear that I want an upgrade at this position, but the best way to go about it is not easy to answer.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we don't seem to have a problem doing it looking for that one WR, so why not do it for RB?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We're not drafting a Running Back, move on.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sorry i don't accept mediocrity as easily as some on this board do.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Goody for you.

We are still not drafting a Running Back, regardless of your arm chair Quarterback opinion.

8. nickmsmith

Gunny, nobody thought we were gonna draft a running back 2 second round picks in a row either, especially one with hardly any starting experience. You're just as clueless as the rest of us dude. It's all up to MR, right or wrong. Heck, they could draft a guard or center for all we know.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

or 7 DBs... who knows

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Laws of Probabilities say I am going to be right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar