My Top 6 WR's...So Far.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Zappa71, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterm211

peterm211 Starter

I'm very happy with our WR depth this year.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He hasn't done anything. But Mariani and Walter have untouched potential, according to the Titans staff.

Preston has just had too much time to show us what he is made of. I think he would get first string time if we were going to keep him around. Being that he never played early, I think his time is up with us.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I still love Mariani and want him on the team, but if it's between him and Preston, I gotta go with Preston at this point.

That endzone catch was enough for me to believe he's earned his spot.

If we cut him, he will be picked up in an instant by a team in need of WRs - like NE, HOU, etc.

If I were in charge though, I'd just go ahead and keep 7 WRs and cut Reynaud. Mariani would be #7 and he'd be used almost exclusively for KR/PR anyways.

Also, we need to realize that WR will be a big need within the next two seasons. Britt and Nate have two more seasons here at the most.

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

It's kind of disheartening that we traded up to draft a WR who will enter the season at 4 or 5 on the depth chart. Thankfully his ceiling is sky-high.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Look on the bright side. We are so deep at wide receiver our WR we traded up to get is only our 4-5 guy. Preston and Williams really seemed to step up this training camp/preseason IMO

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mariani has "untouched potential"??... Who in their right mind would think that?

Mariani is "get what you see". And that is... an average depth player that was (before injury) a decent kick returner.

Love Mariani's character and all- but he should be playing for the Rams soon.

Preston has actually worked to earn his spot this preseason. He's also more of a weapon as a WR.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yup. Basically, with his emergence, britt/Washington almost guaranteed to be gone next season. Next years starting 4 will be Williams/Preston/hunter/wright.

With hunter and Preston tho, I wonder which is more suited for the X position. I'm not sure either are great at beating press.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Someone has to return punts and kicks. Remember that year Fishface thought he could get away without a competent return guy?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How can you say that? Yes D Rey is awful at RB but we havnt seen Mariani play WR in a looong time. He may suck too. It is too bad Mariani is hurt, was really hoping to see him play because DRey is still making bad decisions at kick returner.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Exactly, and I would rather have Mariani take Preston's spot then Reynaud to take it. (Who will never play behind Johnson/Greene/Battle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar