My Titan's mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Psychop1, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

1st Quentin Groves DE
    Not really a surprise here, though Calais Campbell, and Kentwan Balmer are a possibility to fill a need along the D-Line.
    Alternatives: Devin Thomas WR, Calais Campbell DE, Kentwan Balmer DT, Limas Sweed WR

2nd Devin Thomas WR
    I may be dreaming here as he has been shooting up draft boards, but I say we take him if he falls to us in the second. The FO might even reach for him in the first. He can contribute in the passing game, and as a return man.
    Alternatives: Red Bryant DT, Mario Manningham WR, Brandon Flowers CB, Lawrence Jackson DE

3rd Mike McGlynn OG
    We need help along the O-Line. He’s smart, big, and nasty… just how Munchak likes em’.
    Alternatives: Donald Thomas OG, Justin King CB, Darrell Robertson DE, Frank Okam DT

4th Orlando Scandrick CB
    Can contribute in the secondary and special teams. Has great speed.
    Alternatives: Tyvon Branch CB, Robert Felton OG, Patrick Allen RB, Frank Okam DT

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We'll my draft will continue to change till I don't know the day before the draft. So if you've seen my draft's then you'll know they are all different. So for my draft today......

1-Quentin Groves,DE,Aub.- Don't count on both Odom and Laboy or maybe even either to be resigned. If we do sign someone like Jared Allen then I'd go with someone like Sweed. He can play both DE/OLB and is very pass rusher.

2-Earl Bennett,WR,Van.- All-time SEC leader in I believe catches and yards. Had to get WR in this round.

3-Leodis Mckelvin,CB,Troy- Seen this guy in person very good CB and is probaly the best punt returner in the draft.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yeah, that's me too. I'll change my mind a blue million times up until the draft. Not bad there, by the way.

4. The Playmaker

The only player that I've been wanting since starting my mock's is Groves. WR group this year is very deep. It surprises me Bennett isn't projected in the 1st round.

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i think Groves will be a 2nd round pick. he might even fall to us in the 2nd.

6. The Playmaker

Most think 1st or 2nd.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

limas sweed sucks

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

:rolleyes:

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

10. Nash

Nash Starter

and apparently he's a little slow.. from NFLcountdown.com at senior bowl...

" It probably didn’t help the QBs grade that the South receivers, for the most part, didn’t do a particularly good job getting open and struggled to catch the ball at times. The major exception was Florida WR Andre Caldwell, who was one of the top players on the field. Caldwell made some excellent moves to get open - in particular he left Alabama CB Simeon Castille, who otherwise had a pretty solid session, in his wake on a stop-and-go route - caught everything that came his way, and just looked like he wanted the ball out there. At the same time, massive Tennessee TE Brad Cottam also made a couple of tough catches in the seam in 7-on-7 drills. Cottam, who goes almost 6-8 and is over 270 pounds looks more like an offensive lineman, used his size to screen off defenders, showed decent mobility and good concentration hauling in the ball.

On the other hand, Louisville WR Harry Douglas really looked out of sorts. Douglas was very slow coming out of his breaks and had the ball bounce off his hands too many times, while Texas WR Limas Sweed looked a half step slow. Speedy Donnie Avery of Houston also didn’t catch the ball all that well, but did show plenty of quickness into and out of breaks. Rangy Alabama WR D.J. Hall, a long-strider without much bulk, struggled to beat press coverage, but did make one nice catch in traffic over the middle in a 11-on-11 drill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar