My Titans Game Plan for the rest of 09

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkey, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkey

Starkey Camp Fodder

Please post what you might do to address the plethra of problems I see the Titans have.

I would do the following things to improve the Titans.

Quarterback

1. Bench Collins Put Vince Young in. Sink or Swim time Vince, take chicken crap and make chicken salad. Show us what those legs can do!

Cut the fat

2. Release, Bench, Whatever:

Mark Jones
    Lendale White
    Alge Crumpler

3. Take the defense calls from Cecil. (Fire him, keep him, whatever) Fisher calls defense.

Blitz, Blitz, Blitz

Linebacker Stunts, Corner Blitzes, anything you can do to keep a quarterback from throwing down field. Make them throw the 5 yard passes. Always 5 to 7 rushers, Give them PRESSURE.

4. Run more of a Wildcat setup. Direct snaps to Chris Johnson, Ahmad Hall. More QB delayed sneaks.

USE AHMAD HALL more for gods sake! He can CATCH!

I am not a Football Genius but these are things I think will assist the Titans to making it to .500 this year!

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Hall can take a hit too. He got right back up after Ray Ray hit him and knocked his helmet off in the Balti game in the playoffs.

As for Vince, how many plays/series/quarters/games do we give him as 'leeway' before we determine he's a keeper or a bust?

Why bench/release Mark Jones? Who would replace him?

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

put ringer back in for returner. Mark jones is too slow. And ringer is our best option.

And why is everyone doggin crumpler? He's reliable, and is getting yac to keep drives alive. And i think Vince gets 1 or 2 games of leeway before we determine him a bust. But hopefully he comes in a rythm. He has to feel good, he got booed away last year, and now everyone want's him back. Not everyone but alot. And he will be cheered on again. His confidence should be up, bud is behind him, and the guy who is killing his career may be gone at the end of the season.

4. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

Really i didn't see any problems with mark jones so i dont see why we should bench him. Im surprise though we do not utilize Ringer or Cook more.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Start V.$ feature L-Dub more, run the oopty oop, and blitz blitz blitz.

6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I do think Ringer would be good back there as well.

But Crumpler...reliable? I respect him and know he has had a good career, but he has a serious knack for fumbling at the worst times. We have Scaife and Cook already- let's use them!

I say Vince gets 2-3 games of leeway. He has the athleticism, but needs to prove he can make the right decision in game speed. I'm pulling for him and know he can do it (would much rather have him playing well than dropping a 1st rounder and serious cash on a big risk at QB).

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

For some reason I completely understand this and agree with it....but you still have to play ECD's record for good measure, put in some Wildcat and there you go.

8. Starkey

Starkey Camp Fodder

Crumpler fumbles too much.

Mark Jones is too slow, and is ONLY a kick returner. 1 Catch this year.

We can put Justin Gage back there?

You give Vince young the rest of the year to show what he has. 2 to 3 games? Why? Who else would you put in after 2 to 3 games if he has issues?

Peyton Manning sucked for the first 4 years. However once they let him learn the NFL, game speed, etc. look at him now. They didn't sack him when he got mouthy with people. They stuck by him and gave him time to learn. Look at VY's record win loss. Honestly not to shabby for a rookie with no consistant NFL game speed experience. I am not saying VY would be that good but goodness let the kid learn!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar