My take on our first round pick...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan Yapper, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Joe Horn is absolutely done. We would be better off bringing Moulds back.

Holt is not worn out yet, but Mason may become available.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think we'll stick with the plan of mid to late round guys for our o-line. Even if we lose both OG's, I'm sure Amano is automatically filling one of those voids, and either Loper or Harris gets the other. They seem to be high on Harris, and Loper played well when he got his turn.

I'm not worried about starters very much with the depth we have now, but we'll need depth for the future. I wouldn't be ticked if they took a OG higher than normal, maybe more of a mauler type. But there also doesn't seem to be a 1st round OG this year, maybe not even much by the 2nd round.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I meant DE.. my mistake.
    Don't get me wrong, i still would love for us to get our hands on another DT to plug the holes along with Big Al since Starks proved to be a non-factor and Tony Brown just didn't impress me much; but i think we have more important needs first.

I'm not too sold on Odom and Laboy despite their much improved play this season which i'm convinced was mostly credited to the attention and double teaming that was reserved around Al and KVB. With that said, i believe our most immediate need is a DE as explosive as KVB to line up on the other end and help with the rushes. That ofcourse is assuming Pacman comes back.

I'd hate to see us high draft a WR and try to groom him into becoming an above average ball catcher. We've had enough bad luck in that doing that already.. I'd much rather we trade for someone proven instead. I really doubt that would happen though. Knowing Fisher, he prefers to build everything from scratch.

If we're lucky and end up getting our hands on a quality DE with our first round pick, i think we should really look into trading away Odom for a vet WR (especially after his performance in 07 which should increase his value), because i really don't think he'll repeat or be nearly as explosive in the future as he was this season.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bobo, i think you make some good points. I see loper starting next year on the right side and he will be a restricted free agent. In a short time he has already proved himself as good or better than olson. They may even start him at RT with stewart inside because loper might be the better pass blocker.

With the right side solid we have mawae in the middle for one more year. Physically average mawae is still valuable because of his experience calling signals and blocking assignments. At left guard i see us replacing bell with someone better. That will either be a free agent or draft pick. This is simple economics because bell is a free agent and will probably expect more than he is worth while loper comes cheaper. Might as well pay a little more and get a better player than bell.

I do see us drafting a guard early. A guy like young out of tennessee would be ideal in rd 2.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

This is a deep draft with guys in the 2nd -3rd range. might be a smart move to load up with draft picks in that area. If we can trade our 1st for a 2nd and 3rd that will probably help us more than taking a player that high when an equal player will likely be available in the 2nd.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've been thinking the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar