My take on our first round pick...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan Yapper, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

We need a back to complement White. I don't think Henry is the answer. He has great speed, but that doesn't do much when he runs slap into the back of his oline.

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

maybe not in the draft. please not in the first round. or the second...

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Safety is what I thought we would get, it was a need and along with griffen there was nelson.

4. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I think we should go DT on the first day, if not the first round. Before everyone goes nuts, hear me out:

The running D took a HUGE hit without AH in the middle, and he has NEVER made it through an entire season. Pairing him up with another first round talent gives us a VERY strong front 7, a la Stroud/Henderson from Jax.

WR can/will be had through FA and trades. There are also 3 drafted WRs from 07 and an undrafted Ealy that will take some time to develop. Maybe Givens comes back. Adam Jones makes attractive trade bait, maybe all he needs is a change of scenery, a la Randy Moss. As long as he goes to an NFC team and we get relative value back, I'm for it.

I don't believe the secondary is a critical need, as Harper is still solid - decent corners can be had through the mid-rounds. If 32 comes back as a solid citizen, mores the better - That's like having TWO first rounders this season.

Finally, the return game/ change-of-pace back: Turner is out there, but the last two second-rounders were spent trying to grasp talent. Brown is obviously gone, though not with hard feelings like last summer. I believe a change of pace/ return man can be drafted late. The league is filled with late-round/undrafted RBs who contribute or become stars (Selvin Young, Ahmad Bradshaw, Dom Davis, Terrell Davis, etc)

Just some thoughts...bottom line is I think you draft Defense in the first round, and offense later - ESPECIALLY WR, which is more likely better developed in a talented WR going into his second Pro contract.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The DT arguement is sound. Drafting one in the first round this year however does not look so sound. Dorsey and Ellis will be gone. Some say Balmer is a first talent, but he didn't look like it to me when I saw him. Okam is not a first rounder imo. I like Dre Moore, but I doubt he's a first rounder either.

Some say Pat Sims may be a first rounder, I don't know. I never got to key in on him in any game. He only had this one solid year, so I'd be weary of him as a first rounder as well.

Looks to me like 2nd round may be where it's at if we go DT.

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Depending on if anyones stocks rises in the combine I could see us using the first for a TE and the second for a DE or DT.
    I would prefer us trading a first for Roy williams
    2nd for the best TE available
    3rd for DE or DT or OG
    4th to Detroit for Rogers
    Use rest of the Draft to get depth on the OL and DL
    Then in free agency address WR and RB and the rest of the depth

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I agree with your first statement and generally agree with the positions that you want to take highly (although I think we need to look hard at OLB), but the best draft strategy is always BPA. I don't care what we need, we are good enough to make the playoffs again next year with our current roster. What we need is the most influx of talent that we can possibly get, regardless of position.

8. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

My Wishes are,

1st Rnd-Mendenhall(if not there then Fred Davis, because Fred won't be there in 2nd RD)
    2nd Rnd-Leodis McKelvin
    3rd Rnd-Jacob Tamme(if we dont take Fred Davis obviously)

My next three picks are pending, I havent looked that far ahead. As far as addressing WR, the Titans have a history for drafting late WR or going free agency.

I think if we dont make a deal for Roy Williams or Chad Johnson, then we will make another run for Free Agent's; Donte Stallworth, and maybe D.J Hackett

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

We should probably use all of our picks in rounds 3, 4 and 5 on WRs... that always works.

10. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

I assume that this is a sarcastic statement. And if not, please tell me when it has worked? Roydell(4th round nothing special), B.Jones(3rd Round not a late pick, and nothing arguing for), DMase(4th round your only arguement), Chris Davis(4th Round and saw minimum action at WR), Paul Williams( 3rd round, not a late pick, and Inactive all year).. So when has it worked?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar