My take on our first round pick...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan Yapper, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

I know it is ways off but I feel we should take Mendenhall out of Illinois with our first pick. The guy was an absolute beast in Rose Bowl against USC. We can sign a receiver in free agency among other needed positions. Grab a TE in the second round. Hopefully, Fred Davis will still be around probably not.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I agree, but it will never happen.

3.7 ypc from our feature back just doesn't cut it. The whole "managing the clock" excuse isn't working when no touchdowns are being scored. A RB and a #1 WR is what this team needs.

Roy Williams and Rashard Mendenhall would look good in a Titans uniform next year.

3. TitanFan44

TitanFan44 Guest

Let's trade Pac(Thug)Man high enough to get McFadden

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We're not getting a running back in the first.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

No one thought we'd get a safety in the first last year. You never know what our FO will do.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Griffin was drafted to play CB. Unless there is a RB out there the Titans plan on moving to WR or TE, it ain't happening.

7. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

I agree it probably is not going to happen...

But when you look at the roster we are fairly strong everywhere. Wide receiver being our biggest need but Titans usually don't go WR in 1st round although we did take Dyson when we could have had Moss.

My hope is Mendenhall.

8. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Are you serious?
    2007- Michael Griffin
    2006- VY
    2005- Pac
    2004 Troupe
    2003 Andre Woolfolk
    2002 Albert Haynesworth
    2001 Andre Dyson
    2000 Keith Bulluck
    1999 Jevon Kearse
    1998 Kevin Dyson

Only one WR taken in the 1st round in 10 years. I hope that was just a typo.

9. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Well if history is any indication it will be a defensive player in the 1st.

10. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

That wouldn't be bad if we clean house in Free Agency and trades. I would like to see an upgrade at RB, but we have MUCH bigger needs than RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar