My surprise team for next year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I can't believe I'm about to say this but after looking at their draft, off-season, and how players have recovered from injury.

The Bengals! Yes! Now I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs but I'm predicting at least 8-8. Take a look at these draft picks:

Andre Smith- shores up their OL for the running game and protecting Palmer.

Rey Maulaluga- will be an instant starter, him and Keith Rivers is a scary combo

Michael Johnson- an athletic freak who will also make an immediate impact. Great pass rushing DE, which they lacked last year.

Chase Coffman- really good recieving TE will give Palmer another target.

Jonathan Luigs- a top 3 C IMO and was an immediate need for them.

So they really had a good draft. Maulaluga, MJ, and Luigs I thought were going to be drafted higher.

Then in their offseason some aquisitions were:
    Tank Johnson- him and Pat Sims will be good on the DL
    J.T. O'Sullivan- good backup
    Quan Cosby- hey, I'm a fan of him

So they really got alot of needs from the draft and did sign Tank Johnson who will help the DL. Basically, they made a top 15 defense last year even better getting pass rushers and a starting LB. If Carson Palmer can stay healthy they have a good RB in Benson, go 5 deep at WR, and an upgraded OL. The defense was underrated last year but adding Maulaluga and Johnson just makes it even better. So it just comes down to Palmer. If he's healthy he's a top 10 QB but well he's usually injured.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's possible, but I don't see it happening. They're too disfunctional an organization, and they play in a division with two serious contenders. They'll be in a dogfight. They may improve, but I'm not worried about them.

3. wtenn

wtenn Starter

My surprise team for next year is the ................... Raiders.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Georgia Tech could win the afc west right now.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

texans

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

oh, that's a real sexy pick. :rolleyes:

nobody is saying that :sarcasm:

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah chances of a playoff spot is highly unlikely. However I think if the 6th worst team (draft order) can go 8-8 then that's good. I don't know how I thought about it but thought I'd share mine.

8. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

I'd go with the Saints for my surprise pick. I think they can make a deep playoff run.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Here's why Burner could very well be right.. Injuries have been the bane of The Bengals for the past two seasons - that and a few key holes at positions LT (filled - Andre Smith), pass rush (filled - Maualuga, Tank and Michael Johnson) and C (filled Luigs and Cook).
    They also added the best punter in the last 5 drafts in this kid from UC.
    Zimmer had their D up to 12th in NFL last year and they are definitely going to be better this season with the additions. Couple that with the return of their offense from seasons prior and an incredibly easy sched and you're looking at a team that could improve their record by 7 or 8 games over last season..

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Actually last season was the only one when injury has cost him a string of starts. He didn't miss a single start with the ACL.
    He'll be 100% this season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar