My QB rankings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by THE_TITAN, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Because that's who he's most similar to outside of Tebow, and since Tebow hasn't done anything to judge him by... people use Vince.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I've said in previous posts that Newton could be the next young-Culpepper.

Not going to lie, part of the reason I don't like Newton is because I hate Auburn. Yes, I know that's not fair blah blah blah. My girlfriends dad played at Georgia, so he's a big UGA fan; so I watch all the UGA games.. therefore we hate most other SEC team. I also hated Tebow, but he's starting to change my opinion; so hopefully Newt can change my opinion.

Great reason aye RollTide?

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki on Cam Newton:

(He also blasts his football ability, saying he has bad accuracy and bad field vision.)

Good lord. If even half of this stuff is true...

First of all, LOL at everyone (maybe it was just RollTide) who said the Vince Young comparisons are unfair. They are spot-on.

Second of all, the chances that the Titans draft this guy were already 0%, but I actually think if the Titans had the choice between drafting Newton and drafting no one at all, they would choose to just forfeit the draft pick.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nolan Nawrocki seems to have issues about Cam Newton that go way beyond football.

WTF?

What other opinions does this guy have that we should respect?

I read that this guy spent just 10 minutes with Cam Newton and he knows him that well?

5. TorontoTitanFan

Yeah, that smile criticism stands out as totally unnecessary. I think it's pretty clear that this writer went overboard in an attempt to sell magazines. I do think that we'll start to see some other writers become openly critical of Newton, though. I expect to start reading about how some teams have completely removed him from their draft boards and he could be in for a slide.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls10/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6010585

I can always counter a Cam Newton basher with somebody who believes in him. Not hard to do. The line that his teammates didn't respect him is a laughable and he played part of the Oregon game with a sore back. Michael Wilbon disagrees with creeps like Nolan Nawrocki.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What dark place do you get this stuff? Newton will be a top 10 pick. What has he done to suggest a slide? Murder someone?

8. TorontoTitanFan

At what point did I say he wouldn't be a top 10 pick? Every single argumentative post you make lately seems to include you misinterpreting someone's argument.

I said I expect some teams will remove him from their draft boards based on character concerns. Not all teams. Some teams. I would not be at all surprised if one of those teams is the Titans.

9. 24

24 Starter

I'm curious to see how Cam's going to react to this. Criticism is part of the NFL, no matter how harsh it is. Whitfield's recent response to that article isn't encouraging, but I'm willing to give Cam a chance.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Right here. Try reading your own damn posts.

"I expect to start reading about how some teams have completely removed him from their draft boards and he could be in for a slide."

You use a word like "slide", say that teams won't even have them on their draft board and then squeal like a baby and say that i misinterpreted your argument? Take a hike!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar