My QB rankings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by THE_TITAN, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You just gave the 2 main reasons Ponder is not worth a top 40 pick. How in the hell then is he the 2nd best prospect in this draft?

He has more health and durability issues than any of the top 7 prospects. His stats were average. He doesn't deal with pressure, doesn't throw a good deep ball and teams have literally beat him up and put him out of games.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Stats aren't everything. Although those stats you presented were very impressive. I'm just no high on Cam.

Newton vs VY
    Comp%: Newton 66.1%, Young 65.2%
    Yard per attempt Newton 10.14, Young 9.34
    Yards: Newton: 2854 VY 3036
    Pass TDs: Newton: 30, VY 26
    INTs: Newton 7, VY: 10
    Rushing: Newton: 1473, VY: 1050 yards

To me VY and Newton are too much a like. Both are 6'5+ 235+, put up good college stats. Both seems to be a bit immature. I guess I'm scared of Newton because he could be another VY, plus Newton has had ONE good year in college.

Ponder is MY 2nd best QB prospect. My rankings I think are a little bias, since I do not want a Rd 1 QB.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A bit racist isn't it? To only compare Newton to VY and only for negative purposes?

There are a lot of Qbs who are 6'5+ 235+ who put up great college stats so why the Vy comparison? Black!
    And Newton's stats are actually a little better than Vys and Vince's stats in 04 were not nearly as good as in 05.

Ben Roelisberger had similarities in his college stats to Cam Newton because he also had a high comp rate and a high ypa. Those numbers have carried on to the NFL. He is the best Qb in the league in that regard. Why no comparison to him?

Peyton Manning is 6'5 230 and had great college stats. Why no comparison to him?

Daunte Culpepper comparisons? Culpepper had 28 Tds and 7 ints his last year of college, he was a great runner and he was big.

Why no Steve Mcnair comparisons? Mcnair was a big strong guy with an over hand throwing motion who put up great college stats. Mcnair was an elite runner. Why is his name never mentioned in comparison to Cam Newton?

Comparing Newton to another black QB for the primary purpose of bashing him and focusing on negatives is wrong.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Andy Dalton = Kellen Clemens!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=120702

Both are 6'2 215.

Both are smart and scored well on their wonderlics.

Both had great numbers in college. In fact look at Clemens numbers at Oregon and see how similar to Dalton's they are. Only 8 sacks!

Since Clemens has been horrible in the nfl can i then assume Dalton will also be? Clemens was a 2nd rd pick!

Now you might retort by saying that similarities in stature and stats don't mean they are the same player because they are individuals. But it is ok to say that about Newton vs Young?

I can do this all day. Match a bust QB to a current prospect by size and stats. Boller vs Locker?

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm pretty sure you pulled the racist card there. My post had nothing to do with skin color. Do you just look for arguements, or what? :irked:

No Peyton Manning comparison.. lets see maybe because Peyton had -181 carrer rushing yards at Tennessee. Sure they have the same body types, but there play style is nothing alike. Using your logic, Newton is better. Manning only had a 60.2 Comp%, 8.0 Y/A, 3.3 TD/INT ratio, all are worse numbers than Newton.

A young Daunte is a great comparison for Newton. But wait, he's black so thats racist?

All I was saying is that VY and Newton remind me of each other. They both play a similar style in college. Since I'm a Titans fan, I'm worried that Newton will be VY part II. He seems a little immature and has made some stupid decisions in the past.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Nope.

And to suggest that it is is ridiculous. Find a white guy who is a better comparison and I don't think anyone on this forum will have a problem switching over. It's not about skin color in any way.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This guy pulls the race-card every other post. It's extremely revealing...

He can't help but see Cam as a "black QB", but pretends to be upset when someone compares him to a black QB.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What about Mcnair part 2?

Mcnabb part 2?

Culpepper part 2?

Cunningham part 2?

VY is only used as a comparison to be critical of Cam Newton. Nobody compares Newton to good black QBs. If the analysis was balanced i wouldn't have a problem with that. You only use a black QB comparison to bash him and the QB you use is not a guy with no talent but a very talented guy with attitude problems as if it is automatic that Newton will also have attitude problems,. .

Another problem with the comparisons is that you take things that he has done that are great and try to make it seem like they are negatives. Like his awesome running ability or winning a national championship as if any good athlete can do that. .

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So because Newton has this extra ability very few Qbs have ever had; the ability to run the ball like a running back we can only compare him to other guys who can run, or guys who can't pass?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not quite but i am sick of the damn Vince young comparisons. Every poster says the same thing. Lame!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar