My Off-Season Plan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That's correct. We will get either a 3rd or 4th for Finny. We lost significantly more free agents than we signed ( I think it was actually 3 or 4 more).

The biggest indicator of comp pick value is contract value. Finnegan's contract is $10m/yr. Last year the Raiders got a 3 for Nmandi A (abt $11m/yr) and the Vikings got a 4 for Rice (abt $8m/yr). Finnegan will be either a 3 or a 4 and with his high level of play and significant playing time, it may bump up to a 3.

I also think we get a 5 or a 6 for Jason Jones.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No way in heck. He has like 4 tackles on the season, barely plays.

3. Carpy

I would love Chris Ivory, but he is a RFA and we are unlikely to be able to get him without trading away a pick. I think the Saints will put a 1st round tender on him, but he could probably be had in a trade for a 3rd or a 4th round pick.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Have we lost more than we gained last off-season? I can't really remember the details.

5. Carpy

Productivity isn't a factor. The formula isn't public, but it is essentially based on the player's contract value, with an adjustment for playing time and a smaller adjustment for any post-season honours.

Jones' contract was $4.5m/yr which is probably a straight-out 5th on it's own. He has been averaging between 40 and 65% of snaps, which is below average for a DT, but not significantly so. I would suggest that will slip him down to a 6th.

6. Carpy

We lost:
    Finnegan
    Jones
    Avery
    Ruud
    Hayes

We signed:
    Wimbley

Hutchinson wasn't a UFA (he was cut)

That means only our top-4 losses are eligible and I don't think Avery or Ruud will generate us a comp pick (maybe a 7th at best).

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Carpy

9. xpmar9x

According to Wiki, productivity is included. If it's not public, how do you know?

In '11 we lost Babin & Tulloch -- we recv'd a 4th.
    Babin signed a 5yr/27mil contract & was a Pro-Bowler
    Tully signed a 5yr/25mil contract

We lost:
    Finnegan
    Jake Scott
    Jason Jones
    William Hayes
    Chris Hope
    Barrett Ruud
    Ahmard Hall

We Re/Signed:
    Dave Ball
    Tim Shaw
    Steve Hutchinson
    Kamerion Wimbley
    Leger Douzable
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Michael Otto
    Jordan Babineaux
    Craig Stephens
    Zach Diles

10. xpmar9x

It would be silly for the Saints to 1st round tender Ivory. The compensation required for a 1st round tender is too high for a 4th string RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar