My North Endzone Negatives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Z.

Joe Z. Guest

Well, he'll be turning 29 in 2006, which is mighty close to 30. He also has alot of tread on his tires... wherever he ends up, he won't be as good as he was with Seattle.

He'll start his decline either next season or the season after.

I don't think he's a TO, but he's not a team player either. Seattle has even tried resigning him to a fair deal, and he continues to holdout for more money. Whichever team overpays for his services will acquire him, and will regret doing so about halfway into his first season.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There's no set date that a RB's wheels fall off. He shows no signs of slowing down, that's what I go by. And I wouldn't expect him to look as good behind our o-line, but I still think he's one of the top backs in the league that is truely a complete back.

I wouldn't go by one incident to judge his character. I don't know what's been offered to him contract wise and if it's considered fair, but I think it'd have to be about as high as a contract for a rb can get.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Alexander can't be franchised this year. It is part of his contract.

4. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

All it takes is one case of turf toe...:suspect:

5. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

Seattle treated him the same way Indy has treated Edgerrin James, essentially. Let them play out a long rookie contract (pretty cheap given the production they put up), don't given them an extension with one year left like a lot of guys/non-RBs get as they near the end of the rookie deal, then franchise the guy after the rookie deal runs out. And probably go looking for the next guy since now the RB is getting up in years

It's true they are reluctant to sign him to a big multiyear extension that averaged what a back with his credentials would be getting (franchise values) but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve it.

There would be legitimate concern about signing a 29-year-old RB to a longterm deal now. Same way you might not want to give that money to a 29-year-old corner.

First round running backs who sign 6-year deals better get all they can in those rookie contracts, because these days it's getting harder for them to get a second one if they're 28 or so when the first one runs out.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

So is Alexander selfish or is Seattle selfish :suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar