My NFL Draft (probably wont be popular)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Thanks, If we get AH obviously that draft will change....it would take what, a 3rd or 4th to get him, we'll say a 3rd, although a 4th would probably do it with his contract..
    How about this if we got AH:

Round 1: Prince Amukamara: DB Nebraska
    Round 2: Deandre McDaniel : SS Clemson (changed from earlier after thinking it over)
    Round 3: traded for AH
    Round 4: Casey Matthews LB Oregon
    Round 5: Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU
    Round 6: Zach Hurd G Uconn

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like it, see you took my pointer towards McDaniel :grrhee:.

However, I seriously doubt we trade for AH. My bet is he'll be released and we'll pick him up. No team wants that huge contract. So add Christian Ponder as the 3rd round pick and we got a great draft. :)

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

The only way I could see AH being dealt is if someone agreed to take him as part of a McNabb trade. McNabb has a huge contract too, but from what came out after it was signed, it is very team friendly and easy to get out of.

If we don't get AH, I would obviously change my first round pick to Paea as I think he will be a dominant DT in the NFL. I would be ok with Ponder in round 3, in a perfect world Moffitt would be there, but Ponder would be ok.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

A post I had from the Stephen Paea topic that I thought was somewhat relevant. I know it sounds crazy but I wouldn't be opposed to spending our first on Paea even with Haynesworth reacquired (provided Prince or Peterson arn't there). Haynesworth (as we all know) is not capable of playing in a game with consent long drives. He is injury prone and if he goes down (and he will go down) then our D will be screwed until he gets back. Paea isn't injury prone and has the stamina to play during long drives. I think a Hanyesworth/ Paea anchored defense would be elite based solely on the strength of the DT position. Then you can send Jason Jones to the outside and resign Marquis Douglas for depth.

Proposed Dline for 2011:
    RDE: Jason Jones/ William Hayes/ 5-7 round pick
    DT1: Stephen Paea/ Marquis Douglas
    DT2: Albert Hayneswoth/ Tony Brown
    LDE: Derrick Morgan/ Jacob Ford

I dare an offensive line to stop that.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

If both corners are gone, I would absolutely LOVE to take Paea having AH already. Jason Jones on the outside would be a lot like Kevin Carter was imo. That line would be almost impossible to run on, and it would be able to get after the QB as well.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

McNabb does have a large contract.. if you're referring to the extension he received late this year. However, if he gets cut after this season the Redskins will owe him only 3.5mil.

here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5812371

So basically, Redskins can release him and pay very little. No team will want to take McNabbs and Haynesworths contract. McNabb has already requested to be released, few teams will trade when they know he'll ultimately be released.

If we did want Haynesworth so bad that we had to trade for him, rumor has it it'll be for a 5th.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Gotcha, so the buy-out is only after year 1. I was thinking it could be bought out anytime for the 3.5 mil the way the media was talking about it. That's y I said we may deal for both, because McNabb would be easy to get rid of if we wanted. I had heard somewhere, maybe NFL radio that Wash would ask for a 3rd, I always thought they'd get a 4th as you can usually subtract a round off the asking price in those situations. If it's just a 5th, then I could see Fisher making that move.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

God if we could get Albert back for a fifth I would be in fan heaven. I am starting to get worried that Detroit (who I have heard is interested for the right price) will snatch up Fat Albert before we get a chance to.

I think I am becoming a Paea homer though because he is starting to become my pick regardless of who else is on the board at that time.

9. QGP

QGP MIKE HONCHO

Check out Akeem ayers.LB for UCLA can pass rush standing and in a three point too something none of our linebackers do. Seen some first round grades on him, physical freak and a nose for the football.

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I like Ayers a lot...he'll go somewhere between pick 10 and 20. I would rather have Amukamara or Paea though, and it is likely one of those will be there at our pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar