my new netbook

Discussion in 'Gear' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they're too small to watch movies on. they don't have a disc drive. they come with very little RAM.

they've got a purpose, but i have an iPhone so i don't need something to just surf the net on.

give me a good old fashioned laptop any day of the week.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I get that. But size and portability are at a premium. I don't want to watch movies on it. I've got a 50" Samsung TV w/ a ps3 & dvr for that. If I need drivers for peripherals I can get them online. If I need to install software that is store bought I need only to load it on a mybook through my tower and install via usb. It's no big thing really. What I love about the thing is that it's not a laptop. I don't want to burn discs with it. I've got a great lightscribe capable writer on my tower. I just think of the net book as an extension of my home pc. I don't just surf web content on it though. I'm doing work on it, away from home. I don't want a laptop because I don't want to drag it around. Netbook is the size of an average workbook. It's really more a working device for me than a recreational one. I really appreciate the input though because you make some very valid points especially about the RAM.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I carry a netbook everywhere I go. I primarily use it to remote desktop into my main machine. Works great.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you should , 12" Mac's are very very rare
    you'd be the only one on the planet with one

5. You could saw the corner off your MacBook...

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Slight exaggeration. 13" is a huge difference. Sorry.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's what she said

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar