My Name's John Marston...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by KamikaZ, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm only about 3.5 hours in on the single player, and I can already declare this the best open-world game I've ever experienced. And it's not even remotely close. This is honestly the first time in an open world game where it can feel overwhelming with all the things going on, and where being sidetracked just exploring is not only a possibility, but a necessity. The plethora of side missions, of mini-games, of challenges keeps the game-play fresh (Rockstar North, Ubisoft...please take note).

And it might be the most gorgeous console game in it's technical prowess. The sheer size of the game is fantastic, and it looks magnificent, but the TLC given to wildlife, to other NPCs, to the simple goings on that makes immersion real legitimate is what makes this game great. I also would like to declare the sound and soundtrack some of the best I've heard this generation - it's never too "in your face" with the music, but some of the tunes are fantastic.

To put it simply, this is the "10/10" an open-world game deserves *cough* GTA IV *cough*. Rockstar San Diego succeeded where there sister developers failed - make the world beautiful, make it immersion, but most of all, make it a blast to be in.

Buy this game.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bought it today, only got a little way in but it is damn impressive.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

A friend of mine bought it. He said it's badass, but kinda hard.

I'll probably get it when I have the money. I need to cut back on purchases badly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar