My Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Mock draft updated - 1/27. See Page 1! :)

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

good overall mock...Martex Wilson in round 1 would be a reach right now, but he is a guy I can see moving into round 1 before the draft gets here. I LOVE Paea, was just thinking this AM that he may slide into round 2 with the injury. Toliver is projected to go b/t rounds 4/5, so getting him in round 7 would be lucky. Either way, coming out of the first two rounds with Bowers/Paea would be AMAZING. I don't dislike anyone you have us taking. Although I would almost want us to take Moffitt from Wisconsin in round 3 and a QB like Stanzi later, but I'm admittedly high on Moffitt.

3. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

There is no way Kelvin Sheppard will be there on round 4...

4. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Yes there is, on draftscout (which is VERY reliable) he is the 5th rated ILB and the 127th rated player overall. A projection for the 4th round is very realistic. I think his stock may rise because of his leadership skills and numbers but he is a 3rd-4th round talent and at the moment is projected to go in round 4.

5. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

On the draft:
    Round 1: I think Da-Quan Bowers is a very good pick, but I don't see it happening for two reasons; I don't see him falling to us and I don't see us taking another 1st round DE like we did last year. Obviously I would be extremely happy with the pick if Babin does not return, and our DE's need new blood but I do see Babin returning and we have Derrick Morgan who I thought was the best DE prospect last year and had 1.5 sacks for us before he got injured on very little field time so I can see Morgan generating most of our sacks next season. I think if Amukamara is there we need to take him, our secondary gave up yards way to easily last season and although I like Verner, Finnegan and McCourty, they are not shutdown type of guys (Finnegan could be if he tones down his hormones) and I think Prince Amukamara could be an elite corner. But the underlying message for our 1st round pick is that we should go defense defense defense.

Round 2: Paea would be AMAZING in round two, I don't see him falling to round 2 but if he did it would be a quality pick up. The guy would help block the holes we keep having in the middle and help our defensive line against the run. I think he is the type of guy that owuld fit in perfectly with our system. If he is not there at round 2 I think we should go for Austin or Jenkins. I think Austin has first round talent and is one of those DT prospects that could turn out to be an elite guy, he is strong at stopping the run and penetrating the O-Line, he got good numbers even when he was double teamed a lot. Jenkins is a lower rated prospect but the guy is huge at stopping the run, he would certainly chew up the run plays and create more chances for our secondary to make plays on 2nd and 3rd down.

Round 3: I picked Ponder here to in my mock draft. I really like what I see out of this kid. He's familiar from playing under center, and makes all the throws you want a QB to be able to make. He has strong pocket presense, and isn't scared to tuck the ball and run. The only knock I have on him is that Floriday State didn't really ask much of him. They only threw the ball between 20-30 times a game, yet he managed to still throw 8 INTs. But he is good value at 3 and could be a potential starter for many years to come.

Round 4: I really like Sheppard, he was the emotional leader of LSU this year and puts good numbers on the board. He had 103 tackles over the season which is great for a LB especially playing in the SEC. He is one of those all round solid type of players that I think would be good at OLB or ILB. He is definately a good solid round 4 type of guy that could develop into a solid starter. I also think he is better than Casey Matthews in terms of the instant skill-set he brings to the table.

Round 5: I like Helu and agree we need a big back to complement CJ (WHY DID WE WAIVE BLOUNT!). But I think round 5 is too early and we can get a big back in round 7 or even pick up nice undrafted guys. It is definately a position that needs boosting as it is the core of our offensive system but I think we need to go O-line or mayber safety on this pick.

Round 6: Zach Hurd is a guy I really like, I picked him on my mock draft which I posted on one of the threads last week and he is really a solid all round O-lineman. He has great size at 6'6-6'7 and 320 lbs and can play in several positions. If he is the guy then I see him as more of a guard for us as our tackle positions are the only good things about our O-line. He would be a great pick in round 6.

Round 7: I see us picking a WR in round 7 as we like our late round WR's but Tolliver is a round 3-4 projected guy and he wont fall to us in round 7. He is the 11th rated receiver so he won't be here for us in round 7 but I see us going WR, TE or maybe O-Line as you can get good value in the later rounds.

6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I agree with the Dareus at 3 pick. He can play multiple positions on the line and they run a hybrid.

I do think that it's wishful thinking to mock Bowers to us. He just seems to be pick 1 or 2 talent.

Also, there is no way in hell that the Bears don't pick an offensive lineman.

As for the later picks:

Paea would be great if he fell that far. I don't like Ponder though. He's got a weak arm and injury issues. Kaepernick has been way more impressive :p.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't see Bowers dropping to us. I would love to have him (talk about a DE combo) but I would rather have Amukamara if available or Dareus if he dropped. We just have a lot of needs and doesn't make sense to draft another DE in the 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar