My Jake Locker at 8 mock scenario.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

That's a very good point, and why I would rather us target Luck or Barkley next draft. That would really suck if we take Locker at eight, have a crappy season, which would allow us to have a real shot at Luck next year. What a colossal mistake that would be, one in which your franchise is set back 5 to 6 years, not like we know what that is like :).

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

-So drafting a QB in the top 10 is too much pressure for them? I don't think Ryan and Bradford got that memo. Mock drafts never go the way anyone thinks, even if Locker is a popular pick at 25 how does anyone know he'll make it. Hell, rumors of him going 10 are heating up. You know I look at these defensive players and the only 2 I know for sure will be good is Miller (in a 3-4 system) and Peterson. Maybe Dareus and Amukamara but Fairley is pretty questionable.

-Okay so say we draft Locker and we still suck, that would be expected by starting a rookie QB (if we have a season) so we would just draft best player available, the defensive players in the next class are also better than this class so not just an upgrade at the QB position. No one knows how we'll do, trying to draft based off the assumption of sucking is a terrible idea.

-We can still sign a vet QB while Locker sits, he doesn't have to be the only QB on the roster. Also, if you want to talk about value the DT/DE position is much deeper than QB. This draft will either see a QB run in the 1st or early 2nd so drafting defense in the 1st might hurt us later when the possibility of the other QB's (Locker, Mallett, Ponder) are gone.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If we take Locker at 8 I am popping the champagne and saying screw the rest of the draft.

If we take Fairly, I am praying that he falls to us in rd. 2.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

31 is still relatively young for a fullback and Hall is a top 10 FB in this league.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Why does everyone think Tony Brown is always hurt? Besides last year he's never been really hurt bad.

Since he's been a starter with the Titans:
    2006: Wasn't a starter
    2007: 16 games played (16 starts)
    2008: 15 games played (15 starts)
    2009: 15 games played (15 starts)
    2010: 11 games played (11 starts)

64 possible games, 57 played games. Plays in 89% of his career Titans games - Not sure how's he "made of glass".

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

We're not really splitting hairs over a 6th round draft pick are we?

How about the rest of my draft?

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's alright, but there will be better options in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He might not miss games, but he is always playing hurt, and he isn't very good when playing hurt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Locker at 8 is just insane. Especially when Stanzi, Mallett, Dalton and Colin Kaepernick can be had in rd 2. In fact 2 of those 4 guys will be there in rd 2 and one might be there in rd 3.

Locker does not have a better chance at success than they do.

Even carter in rd 2 has me worried. I'm thinking that foster is the better choice there. Foster had an insane number of tackles this year. carter's injury was in december and he couldn't participate in any drills and no timed speed. So you use a 2nd rd pick blindly with no workout or timed data or take a guy who was a comparable college player and is ready to go?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I want somebody to tell us why Locker is worth an 8th pick. He has JP Losman, Patrick Ramsey and Mark Boller written all over him.

People compare Cam Newton to Vince Young but VY is superior to those guys and Jake Locker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar