My Heath Shular Syndrome theory

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The Heath Shular Syndrome;
    UT's Heath Shular was a good QB on a good college football team. He was given a good solid OL and future NFL receivers. Drafted high by the Redskins, (who also drafted Gus Ferote(?) in the same draft), he turned out to be a 'bust'. Most blame either his after-draft holdout, or 'too much thrown at him at once' which includes millions of dollars from sponsers if he panned out. He left football because of a defective toe!
    It is my opinion, and mine only, that Heath was a bust because he was on the wrong team. Had Heath been drafted by the Cowboys, his career would have be different. Playing for the Redskins, Heath had no protection, which he was used to. Heath really didn't know how to scramble, he didn't have to at UT. Heath had NFL bound receivers at UT, the Redskins receivers sucked. Gus was a better fit with the Redskins because he came from a college that was similar in talent to the Redskins. He was used to running for his life and throwing on the run. He was also used to hitting his receivers in the face with the ball rather than the convience of throwing 'in the area of the receiver' as Heath had. Gus still plays in the NFL. Heath sells houses.
    So what's the point?
    The difference between Lienart (who I believe will fall to us in the draft), and Cutler is extremely simular to Shular vs Ferote(?) at Washington. Leinart is coming from a college that provided a good OL that kept him from scrambling except during the Rose Bowl vs Texas. Cutler is used to running for his life thanks in huge part to the Vandy OL. Cutler didn't have the caliber receivers Leinart had and Cutler surely did not have a Reggie Bush standing behind him. In fact, who did Cutler have standing behind him?
    Any how, USC made it to the top of the hill with talent every where, 2 Heisman trophys and several other future NFL players. Cutler got Vandy higher than they have ever been, and virtually by himself.
    Looking at my Heath Shular Syndrome and figuring that it's correct, whom would be a better fit with the Titans?
    ________
    VAPORIZERS

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I always like Heath Shular in orange better than Peyton Manning.
    I know that's off topic but since you talk about the Vols I need to drink my haterade for the day right there. I just love to hate on Peyton every chance I get because I'm a Peyton hater and a Vol fan...Shular was awesome.
    [​IMG]

What about the Chow factor? That's a good fit...

ML fall to us? What about VY? Texans take VY you are saying and NO takes Bush? Yikes! I don't know who is the better fit but if we end up with ML the BV era should begin and SM should be gone. I just happen to think that we will get VY and pay SM too much...

I'd be okay with Cutler but there is alot of risk there. He can get stolen once you trade out and then you end up taking DH, 'cause Brick and Hawk are long gone and the pooch is screwed...

Then you have to get rid of a RB...
    I like the idea of comparing VY and JC...

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Fisher is on the bubble. No way is he going to start a rookie quarterback when this is his season to continue his reign or get the boot. The Titans are seriously looking at Cutler and Vince Young.

They will draft a quarterback that can sit back, soak up and learn and be groomed to take over the team down the road. No way will Leinart end up in Nashville.:sad2:

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

What's with :sad2:? This thread more or less assumes that Vince Young is off to Texas and Bush goes to NO...or the other way around...whatever it's about a choice between taking ML at #3 or trading out and taking a shot at Cutler while picking up an extra pick along the way. I think ideally they would like to select VY and let McNair start...deal Volek out and retain Mauck at #2 on the depth chart. McNair's best chance to stay is the team taking Cultler in a draft position move. I don't think that Chow can pass on Leinart. I could see Volek starting until injured and the Mauk getting a shot until he looks bad (about 2 series worth...) Ultimately, after the bye sometime Leinart would start.

I don't really look as Adams as being the same man he's been in the past with staff...being only 28 years old my insight into it comes mostly from reading. I don't want to derail a young thread but I'm not so sure he has really got the same itchy trigger finger that he's had, especially when presented with multiple scenarios and stategy that Floyd and Jeff might bring to him for consultation. I don't think he is going to **** where he eats in other words.

Also there is his age and how he might not like to alter the course of a decade old relationship because he doesn't feel up to getting his house back in order again. There is that coupled with the success of the 99/00 campaigns and the staying power of '02 '03... after all that past experience in Houston maybe he figures something has got to give. A new GM/HC DC/OC sure isn't going to fix it overnight and is way more of a gamble than anything that Reese and Fisher are talking about.

You really think that Fisher and Reese are walking lightly because they feel it is a frail, fragile bubble? I'm sure they are walking like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The thought is, who is more of a fit for the Titans, Leinart or Cutler?
    ________
    GRANNY BLACK

6. smili

smili Starter

Having trouble with all the abbreviations
    ML - Leinart
    VY - Vince Young
    SM - Mcnair
    BV ?
    DH ?
    JC - Jesus Christ?:lol: <g>

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Billy Volek
    DeAngelo Hall

Just Context? Jay Cutler is heaven sent now? Ahhh...[​IMG]

Who is the better fit is really a function of whether McNair is kept.
    Value could be added all over the board if McNair doesn't stay.

I feel they may opt for BV or Billy Volek if Young is not in the picture.

I also think they could miss the boat trying to draft Cutler and end up taking a BPA. (that's best player available) i.e. (for example) DH. [RB(running back)] Deangelo Hall...:wink2:

8. maximus

maximus Starter

I think Cutler.....

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you mean deangelo williams

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah drafting DeAngelo Hall this year would be quite a feat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar