My God! ...Are we really stuck with Volek?!?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

Billy will do fine. Chow needs to fit Billy's strengths, but we've added a good reciever and a good running back. Offense should be better if Billy holds up his end of things, and he's more than capable. I think he'll do fine.

I'd love to see some of those 400+ yard passing games. Heck, given how bad we were last year I'd love to see 300 yard games.

2. Yea, but to get to those big yardage passing games, he had to attempt a lot of passes.

I still think Billy will adapt to the situation of a 16 game regular season, I don't know why a lot of people are saying he won't

Anyways, I'm basically repeating what other people of said.

3. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Anyone that saw the Cardinal game last year knows what Volek can do in Chow's offense. It was a sight to behold. :sad2:

We will sign Kerry Collins. He will be our new Chris Chandler.

& Volek will want out again. & I will not care.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that is not fair.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Volek is going to have a better weapons on offense this year than last year's quarterbacks had - Volek will do better than expected
    The O-line is going to be better than people expect.
    The defense is going to have fewer points scored against it

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

rcarie, you are correct that McNair and Volek have different styles. The Offensive coaching squad gameplan and build the playbook around the starting QB. This could be the reason why Volek didn't do so well when he was thrown into the Cards game last year. It was also Chow's first year as the OC. I think that this year, a lot of those problems will be ironed out. They will open the playbook up to suit Billy's strong points, which are long passes. Now that we have the cap room, the FO should make a few decisions in upgrading experience on the Oline to help with the deep pass plays. I believe that the missing ingredient last year on offense was the Oline. With a QB like McNair, we should have done better. With a RB combo of Henry and Brown (power and speed), we should have done better. Now the Oline and Defensive secondary are the two main points that we need to be worrying about. The secondary has come a long way just by adding Hope (and Thornton in the short passing defense). I still worry about the Oline, even though we got Mawae. Once the inexperience at Tackle is upgraded, we will be a contender WITH VOLEK. We will be a nice competitor for the Ravens this year :brow: Heck, we may even give the Colts a run for their money.... nah. That's hoping too high. Next year with VY maybe :winker:

7. Gene the PIG

My last post may not be that fair, but neither is banking on him putting up 400 yards like he did two years ago under a different offense.

He had a couple of good games then, but he put up some stinkers last year too. I just singled out that Cardinal game, because that's the one where we did absolutely NOTHING offensively.

If he's our guy, I'm in his corner.

He needs to show some durablity though. That is fact.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

And the O-line needs to show him some protection.

9. Gene the PIG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar