My God! ...Are we really stuck with Volek?!?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

NOW UR TALKING MY L-I-N-G-O:brow:

2. TitanGuy

<table align=center bgcolor=#dcfafa border=1 bordercolor=black cellpadding="0" cellspacing=0>
    <tr><td width=250px><table cellspacing=0 width=100%>
    <tr><td bgcolor=black align=center><A href="http://www.go-quiz.com/cool/cool-test.php" style="text-decoration: none;"><font style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12pt; color:#dcfafa;">Am I cool or uncool? [CLICK]</font></a></td></tr>
    <Tr><td align=center width=99%><font style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 18pt; color: Black;">You are <A href="http://www.go-quiz.com/cool/supercool.php" style="text-decoration: none; color: black;">Super-Cool</a>!</font></td></tr>
    <tr><td align=center><font style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 11pt; color: Black;">Woah! Step back - the future's so bright for you it's blinding me! You are the coolest of the cool. Everyone looks up to you as the benchmark for being coooool. The fonze was your grandfather. Any cooler and you'd freeze! WOO it's chilly in here.</font></td></tr>
    <tr><td bgcolor=black align=center><A href="http://www.go-quiz.com/" style="text-decoration: none;"><font style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 9pt; color: #dcfafa;">Cool quizzes at Go-Quiz.com</font></a></td></tr>
    </table></td></tr></table>

Try this

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://sunshinepreps.net/content/view/56/1

Monday, May 24, 2004

By Bruce Feldman
    ESPN The Magazine

The kid's name is Noel Devine, and up 'til about two weeks ago, he was a little-known prep tailback from southwest Florida. Sure, the people around the town of Fort Myers knew of him. After all, Devine had built up quite a rep running wild in Pop Warner ball for the Cape Coral Junior Dolphins smashing touchdown records, evoking comparisons to Fort Myers' original game-breaker, Deion Sanders.

Last fall, the 5-foot-7, 170-pound freshman also had quite a varsity debut for North Fort Myers High, rushing for 1,092 yards (over 9 yards per carry). However, five months after the season ended, Devine's rep has really taken off.

Why? An eye-popping six-minute highlight package of Devine's best runs surfaced on the web a few weeks ago, and his moves -- particularly on an 80-yard catch-and-run where he broke 10 tackles thanks in part to a trio of 360-spins -- had fans posting links to the video on college sites all across the country.

The reactions were pretty similar: "Unreal ? He's another Barry Sanders ? WOW!! ? Hope our coaches have seen this."

Ah, the wonders of the web. Last time we saw this kind of grass roots Internet buzz was when the X-rated Paris Hilton video made the rounds. Devine's video was courtesy of Tampa-based Sunshine Preps, an independent recruiting service run by 29-year-old Derek Williams, a finance consultant who created the free site to help Florida kids get noticed. Mission accomplished.

Less than two weeks after Williams posted a "Hey, check this out" link on a local bulletin board to Devine's highlight reel, his site was getting hammered. "I think we had 20,000 hits one day and my website lady called and said she had to take the video down because it crashed the site," says Williams.

For the skeptics out there, Devine's performance did come against solid competition. (North Fort Myers is not only Sanders' alma mater, but Jevon Kearse's as well.) As the video shows Devine has outstanding balance, quickness and speed (he's a 10.7 100-meter man already). His coach James Iandoli, who also coached one-time Florida phenom Willie Green at Kissimmee Osceola, reports that Devine even benches 330 pounds. Iandoli says the thing that really catches his eye though is how Devine runs with such a forward lean and cuts "downhill." Still, the coach admits he's leery about his young back's sudden celebrity. "People have been calling him 'The Next Deion' for awhile," he says. "He's a good kid. I just hope he can manage it all."

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Volek will be fine. Young won't play this yr unless Bud tells the FO to put him in

5. TitanGuy

Yeah thanks for the recap SEC,
    has anyone taken the cool test?????

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He has no good reason to tutor Young either. He's fighting for his right to be a qb in this league.

7. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Volek will be fine. He has had 6 years of learning behind McNair. The shots that Billy has gotten in the past were random and sporadic except for the latter part of 2004, when he broke records. You would give him more credit if he would have demanded a trade or release a year or so ago, but he was counting on being in this situation someday. He knows the team, he knows what it feels like to be a playoff team (and helped us get there a few times), and he has more experience with this offensive coaching squad than any other backup that you would pull in off the streets. A while back, there was a rumor of trying to implement the option into the offensive playbook. Volek, I believe, will be able to pick up on that very quickly if indeed it is true. Give the man credit. He can teach VY as much as McNair could, but at a cheaper price. Now, the team can finally move forward into OTAs and Training Camp with an assurance of who will be starting. I feel good about this setup.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I do too, really.
    This is a better team (even without McNair) than they were last year at this same time.

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm not sure how Volek is going to work out this year. I know he has potential. Last year when he did get to play, he wasn't thrown into the best situations. This is a do-or-die year for him as it is Calico. This year, Volek can make a HUGE statement for himself. If he plays this year out and leads this team to 10 wins, his stock will rise high enough to start on someone elses team. I don't think he'll opt to stay here. It's going to be an interesting year. I hope he steps up.

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

We lost all of those games he played in during the 2004 season so I would hardly consider that a success. Plus, that was under Dinger. So far under Chow, he's barely been able to complete anything when he's had the chance.

Billy is the most fragile player we have on the team including the kickers. He would get his head taken off running option plays. Actually, if we impliment an option we're sure to have Vince as a starter much sooner. Not a bad idea...

Steve would relate to VY much much better than Billy. Their playing slyles are similar, not to mention, Steve is a father figure to Vince. I think he would have an easier time learning from Mac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar