My FULL Titans Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

All 7 rounds with comp. picks, here's my mock draft:

1st Round (16) - Brandon Graham - DE / Michigan - Brandon is a great DE, and is NFL ready now (just like Derrick Morgan, but I think he'll be gone at 16). Brandon could come in and have the immediate effect on the Titans. He's another Michigan project, almost identical to LaMarr Woodley, same height and a few pound difference. I think Brandon could be a mix of Woodley and Dwight Freeney, doesn't that sound good?

2nd Round - NO PICK

3rd Round (77) - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - CB / Indy(PA) - A 6'0 207 CB. He ran a 4.32 40, 35" Vert, 21 BP and played at a DivII school. He's a great athlete and could be a steal in the 3rd round. Very physical and tough CB. With no legit #2 CB, he could have a chance to steal that spot. Six CBs fighting for a starting role, that could be great.

*3rd Round (97) - Jacoby Ford - WR&RET / Clemson - The return game sucked last year. Jacoby Ford could have a "Hester-effect" on the Titans. Jacoby ran a 4.22 40, thats fast! He could come in and make the special teams actually special. Not to mention he could be a #4/#5 WR, and possibly be a Nate Washington in a couple years. He's a playmaker, just like Percy Harvin was last year. Ford could do WR Screens, Reverses, etc. He was a proven returner in college and could also receive and return. Jacoby could make an immediate impact for the Titans in the return game.

4th Round (111)
    - Rennie Curran - LB / Georgia - He's a smaller LB (5'11 230), but plays big. He's a physical freak, if you saw him in the combine you know exactly what I'm talking about; He's pure muscle. Rennie plays alot like London Fletcher-Baker (Redskins LB). He can react to the ball, and slide right in for a tackle. Has some minor coverage problems, but a great work-ethic. Should of stayed in college for his senior year, probably would been a 2nd round pick next year if he stayed. Rennie would be limited to mostly special teams, but would provide great depth for all 3 LB positions.

5th Round (148) - Myron Rolle - S / Fla St - 6'1 215 Safety, can play FS and SS. He's a genius. Myron did not play football in '09 because he was one of 32 students in America to be named a Rhodes Scholar - the most prestigious academic honor in all of college academics. Myron ran a 4.59 40 and put up 21 BP. He was projected to be a late first-early second pick last year, but decided to take advantage of his Rhodes Scholarship and went to Oxford (England) to study to become a neurosurgeon. Teams may shy away from Myron because he has a great chance to be many other things. Teams and GMs think he'll walk away from football in a couple years. He's a steal in the 5th . Fuller would back up one safety spot, Rolle the other. Also could play special teams.

6th Round (185) - Hall Davis - DE / Louisiana-Lafayette. Solid DE, smaller school. He's 6'4 271. Put up 28 Bench and ran a 4.8. Washburn is a great coach, he turns no name players into players, esp. small school DE. Williams Hayes and Jacob Ford was drafted in the 6th Round from a small school. Hall Davis would probably be a 3rd String DE, and would get very limited playing time. However, Babin and Ball were signed to one year deals. So in 2010-2011 season (if there is one) he could easily be a legit backup, getting major playing time.

*6th Round (207) - Michael Hoomanawanui - TE / ILL - 6'4 270 monster TE. He's one of the best blocking TE this year. Still ran a 4.7 even at 270lbs. A young more athletic Alge Crumpler. Put up 25BP (3rd best for TEs). Would make a solid 4th TE. Could be effective in goalline formations and special team OL formations. He's a solid player and a great person. (He lives 10 minutes away from me, I saw him play in High School and his mom is a co-worker/friend to my dad).

7th Round (222) - A QB. I couldn't decide. QBs that could be taken here: Sean Canfield (OrST), Mike Kafka (Nwstrn), Zac Robinson (OkSt), Jevan Sneed (Ole Miss), or Ryan Perriolloux (Jax St). I'd take any of these 5 QBs in the 7th round. They would play 3rd string. Learn behind VY and Collins, then once KC retires (soon!) he would be the #2. Almost like Billy Volek did! I'd like Canfield or Kafka the most. A young development project QB is something every team needs, like Brian Hoyer (Pats) or Curtis Painter (Colts).

*7th Round (245) - Deji Karim - RB / So.ILL - Played at a smaller school, but man he can play. Wasn't invited to the combine, but attended Northwesterns pro-day. Ran a 4.4 40, 19 Bench Press, and a 43'' Vert (best of all RBs by 2''s). A 1.52 10 yard dash. He's very athletic and led the Southern Illinois to a solid season. Karim rushed for 1,694 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2009. Played in the Texas vs. Nation game. He's 5'9 210 lbs. He's getting noticed now that he had a solid pro-day, was projected to be undrafted, now I see 6th-7th round. He also can be a returner. Karim could take Pearmans spot on the roster in 2010, if not he'll be on the team in 2011. A solid 4th string RB, has power and speed.

*=Comp Picks

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sounds good. I'd be cool with that.

3. xpmar9x

If we had this draft, We'd get an A+ rating.

All these players (besides the QB in the 7th) could make an impact on the Titans in '10.

4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

McCluster and Ford, I think will sadly be gone before the 3rd.
    I do really like the Perriloux and Rennie picks though.
    Not a bad draft; I'll post mine soon.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

If we take Graham in the first, i would hope it would be after we traded down, no way is he worth the 16th pick of the draft.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Yeah, because who would waste a #16 pick on a Dwight Freeney clone?

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Your bias interferes with any logic/common sense you may have.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like this, the first 3 especially. I think I'd rather have Dekoda Watson from FL State than Curran from GA in the 4th, but I like Curran as well.

The QB I really like is Jarrett Brown from WV. The dude can sling the ball and is very atheletic. Also wouldn't mind Snead.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I'm not bias against him, I just don't think he is one of the top 2 DEs in the draft. And only a myopic fan would call him a Dewight Freeney clone. He is a 1st round worthy pick by I would call him a guy we can get at say 22 to 24. So why not trade down and pick up an extra pick.

10. xpmar9x

Dwight Freeney.

I never said he was a "clone" of him. All I said was that Brandon Graham and Dwight have the same playing style, big difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar