My full 1st round mock and reamining Titans mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

1. St. Louis - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - No brainer here, the Rams need a franchise QB in the worst way and with ticket sales slumping badly they need to generate some excitement with the fan base.

2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Best player in the draft in my eyes, Detroit could very well go with an OT here but Suh is a far better talent than any OT in this draft.

3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma - No brainer here again... Sapp version 2.0.

4. Washington - Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma Bit of a surprise however Williams is a better fit in the blocking scheme in Washington. He's more athletic than Okung and thus a better fit.

5. Kansas City - Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee - Gouged over and over last year with big pass plays, why??? Their current safeties are Mike Brown and Jon McGraw just awful.

6. Seattle - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State - OT is a huge need and he's the best on the board

7. Cleveland - Earl Thomas, DB, Texas - Holmgern will love the fact that Thomas can play either FS or CB. He's too versatile to pass up at 7.

8. Oakland - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - Al Davis finally gets it here, he won't take Bruce Campbell. I think former O-Line coach Tom Cable convinces him Davis is the far better player.

9. Buffalo - Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa - Best OT left and it's a big need as they are still trying to replace Jason Peters

10. Jacksonville - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State - Why not, they just lost Torry Holt and they need more weapons to keep MJJ from facing 8-9 man fronts all the time.

11. Denver (CHI) - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee - Perhaps the top 3-4 NT in the draft, and since Denver still has troubles against the run this pick makes the most sense.

12. Miami - C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson - Rumor is the Fins would like to part ways with often injured Ronnie Brown, who is facing a suspension for a DUI. Ricky played well again but at 33 he's no spring chicken.

13. San Francisco - Joe Haden, CB, Florida - Top CB on most boards, this seems like the most logical pick here.

14. Seattle - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida - With Patrick Kearney retiring they have nobody left at DE, JPP seems like a good pick here.

15. New York Giants - Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama - Fills a need with the best ILB in the draft after losing Antonio Pierce.

16. Philadelphia - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St. - Top CB on some boards, nice way to replace the loss of Sheldon Brown. Samuel and Wilson could potentially be the best CB tandem in the years to come.

17. San Francisco - Derrick Morgan, DE, Ga Tech - Pass rush is a big need. This pick could very well be an OT, but Morgan is probably rated higher than any OT left on the board.

18. Pittsburgh - Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida - The Steelers could go a number of ways, but I don't see a lot of glaring needs. Pouncey would be a great fit on that line.

19. Atlanta - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan - Excellent value for Graham here at 19, Falcons get a steal.

20. Houston - Ryan Mathews, Fresno State - Slaton is more of a complimentary back, with huge ball security issues. Moats and Brown are a joke as backups. Why not get, possibly, the top every down back in the draft?

21. Cincinnati - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma - Best TE in the draft, and TE is an huge need which will, hopefully, make Carson Palmer's job a little easier.

22. New England - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St - Just a beast and is a picture perfect fit for the Pats and what they like to do on D.

23. Green Bay - Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas - Kampman is gone and with the recent switch to the 3-4 stud rush OLB's are a must.

24. Tennessee - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama - Bit of a surprise, not to me really. Jackson is flying up boards after his only real question mark speed, 4.41 forty, is cleared up.

25. Baltimore - Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE, TCU - Best rush OLB/DE left, but this pick could easily be Cody or Alualu

26. Arizona - Everson Griffen, DE, USC - This makes sense here, but this pick could very well be Nate Allen... bit of a coin toss here.

27. Dallas - Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana - Dumping Flozell was a huge mistake. Jared Allen ate Doug Free for lunch in the playoffs. Saffold fills they're biggest need and has really great feet.

28. San Diego - Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama - The Chargers couldn't stop anyone on defense last year and that problem all starts in the middle. Jamal Williams is gone, and Cody is a beast.

29. New York Jets - Tyson Alualu, California - Another guy who is flying up draft boards due to his motor, pass rushing ability and versatility. Perfect guy for Rex Ryan to mold.

30. Minnesota - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho - More of a depth pick here, since the Vikings don't have a lot of holes. Iupati is an absolute mauler, AP will be smiling on draft day with this pick.

31. Indianapolis - Charles Brown, OT, USC - The Colts need a LT badly and Brown is the best one left.

32. New Orleans - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Mizzou - Fills a need of which the Saints don't have many.

Tennessee's remaining picks...

55. From Philadelphia - Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech - Another guy flying up draft boards, big hitting play maker that ran a surprising 4.42 at his pro day.

77. Dekoda Watson, OLB, Florida State - Absolute workout warrior, the kind of amazing athlete the Titans covet. Fills a huge need at the OLB position.

97. Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech - Great pass rusher, with a non-stop motor. Wash could mold him into a fearsome pass rusher.

111. John Skelton, QB, Fordham - A massive guy with a big arm. Huge upside if just given a chance to sit for a couple years.

148. Andrew Tyshovnytsky, OT Fordham - Yep, two Fordham players back to back. A depth pick here the Titans really need depth at OT and this guy has a lot of upside.

185. Deji Karim, RB, Southern Illinois - Great athlete who put up some impressive numbers. Could develop into CJ's main backup and will contribute on special teams right away.

207. Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan - Great kick returner who could develop into a number 3 receiver. Generated a lot of buzz at the combine.

222. Michael Hoomanawanui, TE, Illinois - A great blocking TE which the Titans could use after the departure of Alge Crumpler.

241. Chris Hall, C, Texas - Strickly a depth pick here. Hall has played up and down the line in his career.

2. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Obviously this took time and it's a great job. I too predict we will trade down with the Eagles as you noted earlier.
    Regarding our draft; we got the Fordham OT pick the same. I don't think we'll go CB at 24 but who knows. I have them selecting Golden Tate or possibly Mays.

Other teams: Looks good, I have no gripes on any of your selections except I think that the bills will go QB in the first. You don't have Tebow or even Clausen in the first and one if not both of them will fall in the first. Also I read somwhere from a 'credible' source that if Derick Morgan is available to the Fins at 12; they're pulling the trigger.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Thanks. Regarding your picks... I could see us taking Golden Tate at 24 for sure, I wouldn't complain about that pick at all. I made my picks mostly on need and not on BPA, so Kareem Jackson seemed like a good deal. Initially I had the Bills grabbing Clausen, but something tells me they want to believe in Trent Edwards, and will draft the tackle to keep him upright. I think Clausen will be a possibility with the 49'ers and Vikings too, but I do think he'll slip out of the 1st. I see both Denver and Cincy trading up at the beginning of day 2 to grab both Clausen and Tebow. Morgan to the Fins makes a ton of sense too, I'm just going with my gut on the Spiller pick.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like Deji and Hoomanawanui.

But, I would like this better
    24. Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
    55. Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake
    97. Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
    111. Major Wright, S, FLA or T.J. Ward, S, Oregon
    148. Rennie Curran, LB, UGA
    185. Deji Karim, RB, Southern Illinois
    207. Michael Hoomanawanui, TE, Illinois
    222. Joe Hawley, OL, UNLV
    241. Mike Kafka, QB, Northwestern

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We're not drafting a Safety early.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Are you so sure, because I highly doubt it? Currently we have five safeties on the roster and Vinny Fuller is more of a nickel back. Michael Griffin, Chris Hope, Donnie Nickey, Kevin Kaesviharn. That's some serious depth huh, and Chris Hope blows, he's just too slow for today's NFL. I guarantee if, by chance, Earl Thomas is there at 16 we'll be taking him. I could see us drafting two safeties this year, one high for sure, it's time to dump Hope and Nickey.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am 100% positive our starting safties will be Griffin and Hope. Now saying that, I doubt we draft Earl Thomas if he is there at 16 and I doubt we will have a second.
    However I can see us drafting one late 3rd and beyond for depth (and possible replacement for Hope, I think he is out of contract next year. Could be Rolle as well).

If Hope or Griffen get injured I imagine Fuller will be safety.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Rolle will be as worthless as Hope I'm afraid. Dude ran a high 4.6 and I don't trust that in a few years he'll decide to become a doctor and retire from football. If we don't draft a safety high, we have got to come away with one later that can play for depth's sake.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd love Morgan Burnett. Just as good as ... erm... Eric... nevermind.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Rolle will be a late round pick, it's a no risk pick regardless imo.

We draft Rolle with the 6th and he becomes good or he retires and becomes a doctor or we draft a 6th and he is cut in 2 years anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar