My final thoughts on this draft.........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I still don't get what POD means. Player of the day? What day? What the hell are you talking about?

I love when people always talk about the picks they made right nobody ever talks about picks they made wrong.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I think we had a great draft. Im just pissed that we didn't sign udfa Leroy Vann. Talk about having an instant return game. That guy is the best returner in the nation and we let him go to San Fran. Damn you FO.

3. I think this is the first draft I can remember where they didn't go so heavily for athletic numbers. Floyd Reese always seemed to go for guy with great workout numbers who were not big college producers. Sometimes that worked out, but often not.

Even last year, Reinfeldt took a lot of athletes with lesser production. He took Marks. He traded for Cook. He got Mouton. Perhaps not as much as Reese would have gone, but still a lot of athletes without college stats.

Maybe this is the beginning of a new philosophy...

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Pats have had quite a bit of success with "Wonderlickers" who don't have those big-time 40s but can learn a scheme and play within a game plan.

What I like is that these guys were productive football players. The early guys got it done on the field and aren't going to take three seasons to learn the playbook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar