My final thoughts as I head into another Titan's fan offseason...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, just who are you going to replace him with? Mike Shanahan? :irked:

The same Mike Shanahan who hasn't wom a big game since John Elway retired? :irked:

Get serious. :rolleyes:

Just be thankful we have the Head Coach that we have.

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

...neither would Wycheck

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Jeff Fisher-

Coaching record: 128 Wins, 102 Losses

Playoff record: 5 Wins, 6 Losses

I want him to go out like Cowher, but I'm getting impatient.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

again, what else would you have him do yesterday?

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

In week 12 (give or take a week), I would've scripted one series a game for Vince. Just to change things up, and give him some experience. IF it had even moderate success, I would've continued that in the playoff game.

Paul Williams would not have gotten on the field.

We had 12 penalties for 89 yards. I did feel the team was "rusty", uncharacteristic in our discipline mistakes. It's been a recent NFL trend it seems, bye week teams that are rusty.

42 passes to 27 runs was a little much.. I was hoping for more of a 50-50.

I miss the Fisher trickery. Music City Miracle was amazing. Even the busted play last year to start the Charger's play, hey it was something. It didn't have to be as dramatic as the home-run throwback, but I was kind of hoping for something creative.

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I told myself i wasnt going to come online for awhile and post anything because of how sick to my stomach i feel but this forum is like my therapy. Alot of you guys have pretty much summed up the game yesterday so i'm not going to be repetitive about anything but i did want to say a few things. I do think this team can build and learn from what happened this year. Last year we were a young team that went 10-6 and made the playoffs with a strong defense. This year we went 13-3 and complimented the defense with an offense that could put points on the board. We discovered how good some of our young players really are (Johnson,Jones,Ball,Hayes, and Ford) and watched Finny,Griff, and Albert take their game to another level. Obviously Albert is a FA and is a hard man to replace but our young talent showed alot of promise in case he does leave. The Titans have a great nucleus in tact to still be contenders for a few years,another good draft with the right FA acquisitions and the skys the limit. We'll learn from this and be back next year stronger and wiser. Sometimes you have to take a few steps backwards before you take one giant leap forward,i know that sounds stupid right now but i'm a believer in that. Its been great talking Titans football with you guys and look forward to the offseason,i'll be in touch...

7. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

I would like to see Albert back and I'm sure most people probably want him back. He is a difference maker, however, if we don't get a deal done soon, we won't be willing to compete with the truckloads of money some other team will offer him.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

well, yeah. Erron Kinney was our offense in 2005, when there was nobody else. Tough guy, slow, but hands like glue. Almost like a good Alge Crumpler.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he played real soft for such a big guy.
    Went down on first contact, always. Very strange. But he could definatly catch.

10. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Show any sort of emotion, at least try to fire the team up. Every time he was on camera it seemed like he had that same emotionless look about him, and after the game we got the same excuses everyone is used to hearing from him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar