My final thoughts as I head into another Titan's fan offseason...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I'll second that. I miss that guy. He was solid.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It was a great ride man.My trip to Nashville this year is in my top 5 best experiences of my life. It hurts so much more when we have legitimate high expectations.

I'm with you,it will take a while to get over this one.I've no interest in the rest of the playoffs or the SB and I'm now officially in off season mode too.

I'd go one step further with your review and seriously consider canning Fisher.I don't think he did anything wrong and it was unfortunate to lose C Johnson which definitely hurt us and affected the outcome.

I think the chances of having another shot like we had two years in a row are slim.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, Harper was handing him off to the safety, but was never quite sure if the safety was picking him up. That's why he kept looking and looking over his shoulder before he took off. Harper wasn't burned per se. The zone coverage was beat. It just looked like it was on Harper cuz we got to see him react to and trail the receiver.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why the eyeroll? It's clearly a need.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll tell you what I learned....

Fisher is a playoff, big-game choker! He can't win the big one.

(looks forward to that hateful disagreement that follows...)

I'm starting to feel about him, the way I was feeling about Fulmer the last few seasons. Only difference is Fulmer actually had his team win the highest level championship in NCAA. The "longest tenured" NFL coach hasn't done that.

6. teegee

teegee Guest

The offense moved the ball on Baltimore the entire game. The Ravens did little to stop the Titans -- the Titans simply shot themselves in the foot with the 3 turnovers in Baltimore territory. The interception was a poor decision and a worse throw, but the two fumbles turned out to be much more costly, as I don't think the team was in FG position when Collins threw the pick, while they were clearly within FG range when the 2 fumles happened. Then throw in the fact that Scaife's inability to control the ball and keep his feet inbounds cost Bironas 5 yards on that missed FG that could have meant the difference between him making that long attempt. You make that many mistakes in opponent territory, you probably won't win. It also killed them that CJ got hurt, because the Ravens had no way of stopping him.

The defense had problems too. Although they held Baltimore to 13 points, they blew the coverage big-time on the first TD and they never got much pressure on Flacco. Not to mention all the STUPID penalties on both sides of the ball. I think the Titans probably led the NFL in personal foul penalties this season -- every game they seemed to get 1 or 2 that just killed momentum on offense or extended opponent drives. And it happened again yesterday.

Collins played pretty well. I think he will re-sign with the Titans and be the starting QB heading into training camp. The question is whether he will be the unquestioned starter or whether they will make it an open competition in camp. Vince Young makes a ton of $$$, ut that shouldn't matter if he can't beat Collins out. Look at Arizona -- I would think the Cardinals will try to bring Warner back next season and leave him as the starter, even though they are paying Leinart a bunch of $$$.

One last thing -- kudos to Justin Gage. He played great yesterday and he finished the season pretty strong. He's not a #1 receiver, but he has shown he could be a very solid #2 type. Now the Titans just need to go out an and try and find a game-reaker, #1 type guy.

7. JCarr31

JCarr31 Guest

As a new member to this forum I'm excited to be able to express my excitement about my favorite sports franchise. First of all yesterdays game was absolutely heart breaking to watch. Three turnovers deep in Ravens territory was the Titans down fall yesterday and ultimately led to the loss. The fact that the delay of game wasn't called is not the main reason they lost and I refuse to blame that one screw up for the loss. If you turn over the ball 3 times especially within field goal range you aren't going to win a lot of games.

Chris Johnson was outstanding yesterday and after being skeptical like many others when he was drafted I am only excited about the future of our stud running back. Not having him in the second half was a huge loss for the offense, but Collins did a nice job leading the charge hooking up with Gage in clutch spots on 3rd down.

It will be interesting to see what the Titans do going into this off season. I'm sure everyone was shocked when Denver and Mike Shanahan parted ways and I hope the Titans do not do the same with Coach Fisher. He has been spectacular and I feel we have improved every season since the rebuilding season a few years back when we were forced into cutting veterans and were the youngest team in the league.

The VY situation should be interesting to see how it unfolds because of all the money we have invested in him. I think it would be foolish to trade him right now because of the flash of greatness he had his rookie year and the big potential upside he has with his athletic ability. They need to let Vince be Vince and not try and make him something he is not. If they do that I feel he will be back in the pro bowl and leading the Titans to big things!

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Aside from actually being on the field what more could Fisher have done? We lost because of lack of execution. Not bad coaching.
    He completely out coach Harbough, it was almost embarrassing.

If we execute, we blow them out.

This loss was not at all on Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sir, please drop the crack pipe.

Did Fish fumble those balls?
    Did Fish miss the FG wide left?
    Did Fish bust up CJ's ankle?
    Did Fish run into Fish covering the long ball?

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm pretty sure most people on this board could be as productive as lendale white as an RB for this team.
    And I know it sounds like an exaggeration, but I'm dead serious. Anyone can get 15 yards on 10 carries. I don't care how fast you are, how big or small you are...with our line, ANYONE could outproduce Lendale.

He's a joke. Never tried to get healthy, and wont learn his lesson. Even after his fumble he was back to waving the ball around in 1 hand asking for another.
    Replace him. See what Dallas would trade Tashard Choice for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar