My final thoughts as I head into another Titan's fan offseason...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

First off...how pathetic was that offensive performance...I mean...it was embarrassing. AGAIN, the Ravens came in and imposed their defense onto the Titans and made us look like we never belonged there.

1. Lendale White is not a feature back and should never even think he should be. I am off his fan-wagon. A few decent runs but I am sick of his running for 1-2 yds and getting up talking smack to the defense. I thought Scaife early on was going to take him down after he did that. Then he FAILS THIS TEAM by fumbling in Raven's territory. We lost at least 3 points on that play. Not much smack talking after that play huh...

2. Alge Crumpler...last name says it all. In a critical situation he also FAILS THIS TEAM by channeling Christy Brown in the Chargers playoff game and fumbles down inside the 10. This guy is the first failed experiment for this team and should go. We lost at least 3 points on that play...most likely 7 and the win.

3. Thanks Kerry for channeling Chad Pennington and making that ridiculous hail mary deep pass that was picked off. He played pretty well and moved the ball...but that was ridiculous and was another momentum killer.

4. Harper again got schooled on one play that turns out to possibly be the difference in the game...and by CryBaby Mason as well. He single handedly took a ton of the momentum out of the team with one stupid bite.

13-3 might as well be 3-13...only thing it was worth was a nice AFC South champion hat. Home field had no advantage. Hard to find anything positive about the season when you fail miserably like they did tonight.

I know we had a great season...we probably over performed and surprised a lot of people...but it feels empty to me right now and 4 turnovers is inexcusable. We left probably 9 points on the field that would have won the game if not for ridiculous mistakes.

I now doubt Kerry is back...unless his performance results in no one buying that Kool Aid. That leaves us with VY and Simms...nothing to feel fuzzy about right now. Who knows if Al is back. My guess is we will be fine with or without him.

So now I go root for some other team to win the SB and look forward to April and the draft. I had too much ripped out at LP field tonight to even care what happens for a while, so fan offseason it is.

Thanks to all the GoTitans members who came out to the tailgates this year and made them such a big success. It makes being a fan so much more fun to be surrounded by fellow fans and this year I think was the best so far for tailgating. I look forwared to seeing you all again in preseason when instead of worrying if I have enough layers on we will be trying to figure out how to wire up a fan to keep us cool!

Out....:wave2:

:coltssuk: :bs: :jagsbite:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

Pathetic? Both offenses struggled all game to score against two great defenses. In fact, the Titans were much more successful rushing and passing then the Ravens were. Turnovers were the key. That, and CJ going down.

Collins had a pretty good game. But it did appear that he's pretty much done out past 35 yards or so.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Our offense didn't struggle. We just didn't make the most of it.

And Ravens showed we didn't belong there? I know you are angry, but that is beyond ridiculous. You make it sound like they came out and stopped us 41 - 0

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

We should have put them away early. But, we took to many penalties and had too many turnovers. And, I still think it was the penalties, not the turnovers, that cost us this game, even though LW's fumble at the end of the 1st half (potentially) cost us at least three points.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I have one thought only. Draft a fast WR.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I think your being too hard on this team.

Agree he's not a feature back but that's why he wasn't during the regular season. With Johnson in there to tire them out and White in there to run into them it's a good combo, without Johnson White can't do much. If nothing else I'd like an upgrade over Ganther. Look at the Giants when Jacobs went down they had Ward and Bradshaw to fall back on. We have White who can't do much by himself.

It sucked he threw the pick but he put us in a position to win several times and they failed. 280 yards on the Ravens is pretty good I think, especially without Johnson half the game. I mean he and Gage were tearing it up, it's just a shame he never got a hold of the ball in the red zone.

Harper was fine. He's a solid corner. He gave up some passes but Mason is a good receiver. He also had a huge pass break up too. He's upgradeable but I'm not going to throw him under the bus.

I know what you mean but it's something to build on. Depending on a few things but we could get better heading into next year. You have to learn to lose sometimes before you learn to win. I'd much rather head into this season knowing we have a good shot at making the playoffs rather than wondering if we MIGHT get 8 wins.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Didn't we have this discussion almost exactly one year ago. :rolleyes:

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think all the teams this weekend were good enough to go all the way, but in the end only 2 can go. cause we lost doesnt mean we couldnt win.

always next year.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Losing sucks, but I can find so many things to be positive about. We had the best record in the league. We didn't get it done in the playoffs, but it's insane to say that this season was anything other than a giant step forward for this franchise.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Harper didn't get burned. He was in zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar