My favorite RB prospects this year (the good ones)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I think you're mistaking him for carlos hyde. Hyde doesn't bully people like a 240 pound rb playing against the big ten should. I like Andre because he is what he is. The more I watch hyde I realize he's another one of them big backs who would rather try to juke and spin. His stats were also bolstered by the fact that teams had to worry about braxton miller taking off with it. Andre is a true bully on the field and that's what I want and think we need.

Andre is also and upstanding person while hyde is the opposite.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

UCF rode Kevin Smith to a winning record. The guy only had 474 touches(450 carries) that season and had more rushing yards than UCF had passing yards...

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Person smershson.

Hyde has a nice wiggle. But he is a true bell cow too. Think Blount with more power. He pushes the pile when needed, very rarely behind the line. Andre goes down instead. But I'll keep watching more.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

So I guess you're cool with getting another britt, cj, pacman, Haynesworth Type personality in the locker room huh? Lol

Don't get me wrong. I like hyde, but Andre is just better in every aspect.

5. Clark

Man I don't see how he's that much better, if at all. Very very similar prospects. Both have sub decent pass blocking. Both are power backs with very similar speed and frame.

The slight difference is Hyde uses a little more wiggle but still powerful dude. Anderson is full down hill at all times.

I like Anderson. I would not be mad at all with drafting him. But I lean toward Hyde having a better career in the pros because I think his tool bag has a few extra that Andres doesn't.

I'd be interested in hearing your explanation of "every aspect"

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Better player, better person. Will be a better pro. I'd take that bet with you.

7. Clark

Can you explain why? What are you seeing that's better? I'm really curious. They are extremely close prospects. I wanna hear what it is that makes him better.

8. Clark

Williams won the Doaks award btw.

9. Clark

Here's why I think Hyde is the SLIGHTLY better prospect on the field.

1. Scheme diverse. He can run out of the power or the zone and pick his hole. Williams runs exclusively out of power and I'm pretty sure that will translate to the pros but he will need a correct fit. Houston wouldn't know what to do with the guy. Hyde is used to running a little of both as well as the read option from shotgun/pistol.

2. Hyde has slightly better feet. For someone his size, he has good lateral agility and this shows up when he is finding his hole or cutting between blocks. I think this will also show up in the 3 cone drill come the combine/pro day. Add that with his spin move and you have a sharper overall tool.

3. I honestly believe he pushes harder after initial contact than Williams. Very hard to bring down.

4. Hyde catches the ball. Williams doesn't.

Either way tho... I really like both prospects. I won't complain about having either one.

If I say Hyde is a 4 star guy, Williams is a 3.5-3.75

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar