My congrats and musings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by whutaboutGump, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

My boss asked me at the beginning of the year which game I wanted to go to at the new stadium. I of course picked the mid season Pats game thinking once again it would decide which team the AFC SB runs through. I am still looking forward to a good game, but right now I do not have a lot of faith in this team. They played with a lot of energy last night, but all of the turn over went the other way. We had several chances, dropped interceptions, fumbles rolling out of bounds, then the exact opposite from the Titans.

Good teams take advantage of those opportunities, right now the Colts are an average team with a HOF quarterback. The Titans are a balanced team with ability and size on both of their lines, they also now have the confidence to show for a solid effort, getting past my Colts for the first time in a very long time.

Congratulations to the Titans, and good luck to your team the rest of the way, except when we play you again here!

• High Five High Five x 7
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

thanks for being a good sport, my friend. The Colts will shape up, they have to, in retrospect. Your team is missing the heart of their defense in Bob Sanders (as did we last night with KVB), Addai is out (but Rhodes is filling in nicely), and you still have great WR's.

I think it may be a coaching issue in Indy. You have all the players to make it work, but for some odd reason, its not working this year. Also, I'd like to say that Peyton Manning is better than how he's been playing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gump, you're a good sport and a class act, we're glad to have you on here. Enjoy the game next week, I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys knock the Pats down a peg. I'm not trying to be a douche, but I don't think the Colts will make it to a wild card unless they can up their play significantly. However, you're definitely going to be good enough to be in it until week 17, so good luck, and we'll see how things stand when we come to town.

4. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Much respect for the congrats....even between this heated rivalry the fans can still be good sports.

I knew coming into this the Colts missing Sanders is a big hurt...he is the glue to that defense...without him you can find weaknesses in the Colts schemes.

Sorry to say it, but with KVB out, the line looked horrible....its not just Big Al that brings the pressure, but that whole front four, the "chain link gang"....you take KVB's link out and that line just couldnt do the job of getting pressure...thankfully the secondary played phenominal.

Its a shame that the next Colts/Titans game isnt til the last week...as I dont see that game being a true showing of the rivalry.....at all points that game might mean nothing to the Titans and everything to the Colts.....kinda funny how it might be a reverse role of last year.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

You do realize the Titans have now won 3 of their last 4 matches against the Colts?

And the last 2 wins by the Colts were by 1 point and 2 points. The Colts haven't beaten the Titans convincingly since 2005.

That said, I think there were enough signs last night that an Indy fan could get excited about. i think they'll smash the Patriots this weekend.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Yeah really. The talking heads on TV were saying the same kind of crap last night. This is two in a row for us. They were also talking up the never had to come from behind. What about the Raven's game?

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm glad I wasn't going to have to be the first one to point this out. Listen WhatAboutChump, I appreciate the misplaced comradery, but the fact is it seems as if you, like most of the 'talking heads', haven't seen the past 4 Colts Titans games. First time we've beat you in a long time? We beat you the last time we played you. And I don't wanna hear about Jim Sorgi and you 'giving us' that game, the fact is if you look at the week 17 box score from last year it shows that the Titans played the colts and came out victorious. In the last 5 matchups between the Titans and Colts we're 3-2. The Colts are over, they looked good in the first 2.5 quarters, but once again Peyton threw a couple of game changing picks and missed a couple of TDs. Sure he's a hall of famer, but he doesn't look the part at all this season. You all did a good job running on us though (as nearly everyone does), but eventually to beat the Titans you have to be able to drop back and throw the ball downfield because you're going to be losing late, and when the QB has to throw against us our D plays like rabid wolves. Good luck with your losing record and your battle with Houston for 3rd place in the division. See ya in December

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

In all fairness, WAG said the Titans got "past the colts for the first time in a very long time", I think he meant in the AFC South driver's seat, not necessarily on the scoreboard.

The division title now comes through Nashville, and it has been too long since that was the case...

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Tru dat, my moderate apologies for my previous rant. I still mean more or less everything I said, just not so harshly aimed at WAG anymore

10. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

no worries man, I can see where you would have that I meant that. And honestly, if my skin weren't thick, I would not be on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar