My Chance Warmack theory

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

So I was reading a @JCBRAVE thread (the one that points out how Chance Warmack has been improving and it got me thinking ... why the sudden improvement?

I have heard some theories on this, for instance maybe the last few weeks his opponents haven't been as good, or maybe with all the injuries on the OL, they aren't targeting him as the 'weak link' anymore.

But I have also seen @JCBRAVE make some points against this, showing that he has been improving even against solid competition. That would imply that maybe the switch flipped for Warmack (which we all hope is true) ... but why now?

Well, I was digging into some older articles from a few weeks ago (I am sure we all remember the comments Tommy made about the OL ... if not, they are quoted below) and something struck me as odd.

“The offensive line just hasn’t gelled. It’s high time that it does,” Smith said. “I told them I don’t care where they’re drafted or what they’re paid, if they’re not getting it done, find someone else.”

Those comments were made by Tommy on Nov. 7th, just 2 days before our week 10 game

I then went back and looked at the stats that @JCBRAVE put together about how Warmack graded out each week this season (see below)

upload_2014-12-12_11-9-35.png

Is it just a coincidence that literally the week after Tommy called out the OL (namely Levitre and Warmack) that Warmack "flipped his switch"?

I don't think it is a coincidence ... which brings me to my theory (which I think some others have already theorized, but now we have some hard proof to back it up)

WARMACK WAS JUST BEING A LAZY OAF ... I feel that he was being lazy, and living off of his draft position. I believe that he bought into his own hype, and felt like his job was safe because he was a top 10 pick ... I think he just assumed it would all come together for him without having to work for it ... Its not that he lacks talent, he just lacked motivation. As soon as he realized that his job was in fact in jeopardy, he started to turn it on.

Hopefully he realizes that no ones job is ever safe for long in the NFL and lives up to his potential. Unfortunately, I think that people with that attitude though will never really put in the work to be the best they can. Warmack will work up until the point that he thinks he can slide by again. He will do the minimum he has to do to retain his starting job, and nothing more.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah sounds like he had a come to jesus meeting with the staff and management. Glad to see him turn it around. Definitely has the talent, let's see if he can build on this for the rest of the year and come out next season playing at a higher level.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

That...or because Spencer is starting at Center now. Possibly helping him out a bit more.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Chris Spencer is playing ok football, nothing good nothing bad, which allows the guys beside him to stand a chance. He's certainly proved to be a wise addition to the team. 1-point for Webster.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Another theory...

Mett became starter. Maybe having a quarterback that doesn't move around so much helps him, which helps his confidence. I remember 2 times this year where Chance stuffed his guy, then Whitehurst(???) scrambled and then he got a holding call.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

good point, everyone knows where Mett will be, easy to protect one spot than an entire area

7. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I believe next year Warmack is getting moved to LG. Let the guy play his natural position.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Nice effort on this thread.
    Could have a very valid point. We shall see.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I noticed he played better at end of last year too. This leads me to believe it takes him about a season to get into football shape. He needs to workout in the off season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

he's just now getting it at RG, why risk screwing that up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar