My bet is this guy is jobless by now...............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I see his point to a degree (coming from a black man here), but he presented it terribly (awful writing technique IMO). Like someone said above, put this in the "whatever" category.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's the most grotesque article I've read in a long time.

In the first half he's basically saying that ALL blacks are too stupid to play QB, but then in the second half he goes back on that and say's it's not that they're black, it's because they're "ghetto" or whatever. Then he also points out how a lot of whites are too stupid to play QB.

Seriously, try to forget the article and then read it again, this time begin at the paragraph that starts with "I want to go on record as stating...". All of sudden it's a different story, and actually one that has some validity. And by validity I mean that it's fair to debate whether preferal treatment are given to some people based on skin colour, education, family ties, etc. especially in the NFL.

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I dont see how the difference of a yard between Warner and McNair makes mac dumb and kurt smart

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I just saw this, I was shocked that Fox allowed that mess- I am offended...

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The first four paragraphs are written that way on purpose. He was trying to twist the article, but he's just not good enough of a writer to pull it off. He could have made a point, but he took a risk and didn't pull it off.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If he wants to attack the intelligence of others, he should check his own spelling. It's "apologist" not "apoligist."

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

"My heroes? Terry Bradshaw, Hulk Hogan and Batman"

Enough said.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Kami- I'm always impressed with your keen insight. You can always "keep it real".

The first part of his article is called "the hook". This sets the reader up to absorb his real message which was in the back half or so of the article. Like hooking a fish- it hurts when it is set but it pulls the reader to the end of the article. Without it, this would just be another boring-Asp article suggesting high intelligence is a requisite for QB success in the NFL and a lot of people wouldn't make it to the second paragraph.

I'm not a black man, I'm as stereotypically "white" as they come. But I too, see his point to a degree.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i know we are not suppose to talk race in this forum...

but this piece offends me...race-feuled crap like this shouldn't make it past the editor...

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Great point. Maybe if it was Kevin Curtis instead of Kevin Dyson the Titans would have been SB champs.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar