My 2006 Mock Titans draft, what do you think?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Hellblitzer, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We won't draft a safety, unless they take Jason Allen as fit later for either S or CB. I have a suspicion Andre Woolfolk will get some looks in the safety position, but it's not an overwhelming need. I take that back about Allen, if Jimmy Williams fell into the 2nd, I can see them taking him as BPA. He's falling, but certainly won't fall that far.

I see us taking an O-lineman in the third, when we make a move either by trading Volek or doing whatever else.

I like taking Bobby Carpenter and Kai Parham. And yes, we will definitely be drafting two LBs. I don't think a Griesen signing would come until after the draft at this point. Hopefully the 5.0 he ran will drop Parham down until the 2nd day.

I'll be surprised if Kevin Simon lasted until the seventh, but I could be missing something. Omar Gaither wouldn't surprise me.

I like that mock draft pretty well.

The one position I think could be addressed is RB. Not necessarily a starter, but a 3rd down option. Maurice Drew in the right spot wouldn't suprise me, and there's a few others. If the right person was there, they could jump on a RB as early as two, as crazy as that sounds, if the fit was right. Basically, I think they're going to look for a poor man's Bush, someone who can run and catch very well.

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

RB in Round 2 is not crazy. Henry is one joint/blow away from a one-year suspension and Brown is in the last year of his contract and has proven suseptible to injury....they should be hedging their bet in both cases. Oh, and the guy they drafted last year in the 5th (wasted pick imo) and Jarrett Payton are not starting material and not the future at RB for this team.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I like Addai but I don't want to use our 2nd on him when we could grab Carpenter or Jackson

4. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

updated mock

1.1 of the qbs or trade down & pick up young or cutler
    2.m mcneil rt monster in runnibg game coulsd be our rt next 10 yrs.
    4.j norwood great speed & has been durable
    5 tim dobbins mlb iowa lays the lumber
    5josh lay cb pitt
    6greg blue s georgia,another big hitter,we need to intimadate again
    7 jay mccariens cb princeton yes justins brother
    7 skler green wr lsu we need playmakers
    7fred matuaa og usc

5. Ohhhhh, Billy Volek!
    Ohhh Ahhhhh
    I wannna knowww
    Where your gonna go!!!

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

1. Young
    2. Carpenter or Jackson
    3. (courtesy of Mr. Volek) Charles Spencer OG from Pitt
    4. Alan Zemaitis CB Penn State (this guy is a STEAL here!!)
    5. Bernard Pollard S Purdue
    5. Brandon Johnson LB Louisville
    6. Isaac Sowells OT Indiana
    7. Taurean Henderson RB Texas Tch
    7. Sklyer Green WR LSU
    7. John Torp P Colorado

I think I didn't added the right amount of comp picks.

The late rounds are the hardest of course. We'll probably move around some on draft day with our six picks in the last three rounds.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't think McNeil will be there at 39.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

agreed

agreed

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i promise you we wont draft a wr or punter this year(especially a punter)

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

We don't have enough roster space for all the picks. I think we'll wind up packaging some of those late round (6th and 7th) with Volek to get back into the third.

Also, where is Michael Robinson projected? Could anyone else see us taking him in the 5th as a project/Randle El type player? I know Fisher was high on him at the Senior Bowl.

I don't know the players we'll take, but I have an idea of the positions.
    1. QB (We all know the choices)
    2. LB (Jackson, Hodge, Carpenter if he falls)
    3. T
    4. CB
    5. OLB (For depth)
    5. G
    6. Trade w/ Volek to get 3rd rounder
    7. DE
    7. Trade w/ Volek to get 3rd rounder
    7. BPA (There's no real "need" left.)

That's just my guess.

EDIT: I think I'm missing a 7th. It would be BPA too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar