My 2006 Mock Titans draft, what do you think?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Hellblitzer, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

If we dont do any tradeing and have to pick where we are right now.

1st Lienert/Young...... it doesnt matter to me!

2nd Bobby Carpenter, Ohio St..... will be an awesome MLB or OLB better then D'Qwell Jackson. Hawk was the only reason he wasnt in the spotlight.

3RD ------ TRAVIS HENRY------ ooooops!!!!

4th(from Dyson) Kai Parham, Virginia .... MLB.... Great size, speed, and upside.

4th Todd Watkins, BYU.......WR...... 6-3 185lbs runs a 4.30... Calico Replacement

5th Marcus Maxey, Miami ..... CB..... 6-2 195 runs a 4.42 ... Bye Rich Garner

6th E.J. Whitley, Texas Tech ..... OT..... Munch project, at any OL position

7th Kevin Simon, Tennessee ...... OLB.... Another project

------------------------------------------------------------

I'd rather do what ever tradeing we have to to get a Top three QB probably Cutler and Hawk, this would solve many problems for us. We dont need a bunch of picks, we need Studs.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

We'll have a third. Bye bye Volek, and possibly Sirmon.

Other than that I like your draft. I like D'Qwell Jackson, but if Carpentor is there, I'm all for taking him.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Why do you draft 2 LB's as high as round 2 and 4? With Thornton and Bulluck we only need someone to play the middle and a 2nd round pick might be a little high on a "situational" LB. Secondly Parham is more of a 3-4 backer AFAIK.

I think we already have Calico's replacement on the roster.

We might look to add a guard or center to replace Hartwig, Olson and Piller (I know the latter are both still here, but not for many more years, so maybe draft a project here).

4. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Well think about it were loseing Boiman, Kassell, and probably Sirmon.

We have picked up Thorton so we still need two LBers.

Gardner is a goner. So thats one CB

Hopkins is done, so theres your O lineman.

I think we lose one of the low WR'S Small, Thomas, or Wade

Keep the input comeing.

We just signed a Center....

5. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

btw Carpenter can play inside or outside, he has the speed and tackleing ability to do both. Thus the 2nd round pick. With our injury history its like insurance.....

AFLAK!!!! QUACK, QUACK!

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

I think we have to take a tackle in the fourth especially for now without a 3rd round pick. but other than that not bad.

7. smili

smili Starter

I'm still for adding another safety somewhere. I'm not high on Lamont and haven't seen enough of Fuller. Nickey is a goner imho along with the other guy (Sandy?).

I liked Lejune and Randall from preseason last year - wonder if they'll get another shot?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I dont think they will draft a safety, if Lamont doesnt turn out they will try Fuller and see what he has.

9. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

biggest needs in no particular order: QB/SS/OLB/MLB/C/T/G/FB/K/P/CB i think at least 7 of these positons will be filled...i added the special teams because i notice hentrich is gettign up there and even though its not immediate we should look for some outside the draft help or something and fb was another issue where flemming appeared non existant in this offence.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Center? We just got one beastly center to a three year deal?
    OLB for depth yeah, not starters.
    FB Fleming did fine, and even if he didn't Scaife?
    CB? Jones and Hill?? I'm happy with them, maybe use a late round for depth.
    K not a need.
    QB no doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar