Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Musician Thread

Discussion in 'Gear' started by onetontitan, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,602
    To be fair, Danny Carey could make a drum set made out pots, pans and old Quaker oats buckets sound good - and I'm not even a Tool fan..
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,470
    UPDATE: Been playing with this thing and it's exactly what I was looking for. I have the Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter, but it's entirely too much pedal... this MXR is ONE knob, and one knob only....perfect phase sweep with it, perfect volume.

I was wondering why this was being sold... virtually brand new... then I figured it out: it's battery-op only; no DC jacks. I drilled a hole in the side and added a 1-Spot battery clip converter. Teh funkee shizzle.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,602
    Yeah nothing sounds quite like the Phase 90. A one trick pony - but it's a cool trick. I have a coupla MXR pedals - Phase 90, Microamp and Dynacomp..
    If I used pedals more often these would be in the mix...
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,470
    A fully cranked Dynacomp, a Phase 90 at 12:00 and a
    Les Paul in middle position is the very essence of funk! A Tele in middle position will do it too.
  1. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,518
    I finished up my MIM strat project, (Avvie's already seen it)
    from
    [IMG]

to

[IMG]

In less than a month (with a lot of help from my brother and friends)

I just got a squier strat for 90 bucks (normal-boring white pickguard on black guitar)
    similar to this one [IMG]

And I'm going to upgrade it similarly. New pickguard, new color, gonna tint and clearcoat the neck hopefully to get a more "amber" look. I won't mention anything about the headstock decal, but I just did.

Here is the list of GPO's loaded pickguards, I can pick any pickup/knob color I like.http://www.guitarpartsonline.com/index.php?cPath=35_90

So I'd like to get you guys opining on which colors to do. I LOVE the white guitar bodies, but I've got the arctic white in the pic above, and a lefty hendrix ripoff that looks olympic white. But if you think that's still the way to go, that's cool.

(sunburst is not an option) I've got a connection with a few body shops/individuals with equipment to get me a perfect looking finish for hopefully 50 bucks. I SUCK at finishing myself.
    2 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,602
    With Strats I like uni-color schemes - all black or all creme..
    Try taking the neck down to raw wood and tung oil the wood rather than a satin finish. Nothing is smoother or faster..
  2. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,518
    cool. I may sand it, stain the maple parts, then tru-oil it. I've got some left from my last project, and the stuff is great on fretboards.

And I agree with liking the solid color schemes. I like going a bit out of the ordinary with colors. The owner of a bar I play at also owns an auto paint store, so I think I can pick literally any color I want. It might sound a bit fruity, but I love the pastel colors on strats. The light blues, yellows, greens, and I'm even tempted to try a very light pink body with a black pickguard with black or white pickups, haven't decided. Never seen one like that before.
    [IMG] Like a non-relic'd version of this with all-black pickups/guard. Maybe a bit lighter pink too.
  3. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,518
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,602
    I've used ye olde "dunlop orange" for years but needed something a bit firmer and faster for a project I'm doing this summer - so I tried these Ultex sharp picks. Good god man! They are the shiz. I'm pulling off stuff at speeds I could only dream of before. They last far longer than any stiff pick I've tried in the past to boot. Worth every extra penny, and I am not going back to the oranges...

[IMG]
  4. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,518
    I just get used to a certain thickness and texture of the picks I normally use, and if I try anything else, I immediately freak.

One of my buddies' dads works at a plastics company, and found an abandoned barrel of thousands upon thousands of these:[IMG][IMG]

He gave me hundreds for free.
    I've been gigging weekly for over 2 years now, and I've had them longer than that, and I still have tons. Are they good picks? Hell no. They break all the time (plus I'm a very hard player, I destroy pickguards because I play abnormally rough for some reason) and I still have hundreds. If I played anything else, even better ones, it feels foreign.

LOL. this choad is trying to sell one of these for 6 dollars as a collectors item. I'm sitting on a gold-mine

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-SABBATH-2...855?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf7da662f

or better yet: $21.00
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-SABBATH-H...909?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb5d2ec4d
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.